Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the dealer for a pirce on front brake pads for my 04 and they want $173.50 for some fucking brake pads fuck that! sorry just had to rant :flame:

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
They are a high performance pad what do you want? replace it with the value line cheapos they are only $40 and stop like crap.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Damn, well at least I know what I have to look forward to now. Doesn't surprise me though....

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
uhh just call up jimmy at S&P when I bought mine before I got rid of the SRT they were half that price.....shop around man

BTW they are a sponsored vendor on this site....

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
tirerack has them like 60-70 better than stock

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
IMPORTWHAT said:
I called the dealer for a pirce on front brake pads for my 04 and they want $173.50 for some fucking brake pads fuck that! sorry just had to rant :flame:
im sure thats installed price......do it yourself. id upgrade to a set of hawk performance pads though, only 60$......i did, and i dont regret it one bit.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Whats the mileage on your car? I mean you must use the brakes alot. I have over 53k miles on my car and it's not even whorn down yet only my fluid in my master cyclinder was low once. Also it's my daily beater.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
The factory pads (front) : 5086364AA List $157.00 My price: $114.44
V-lines (front) : $40 w/ lifetime warranty

factory (rear) 5086567AA $141 list. $102.54 my price.
V-lines (rear) $40 w/ lifetime warranty

The v-lines are good pads. I personally would suggest running the v-lines day to day and swap them out for a racing pad only when needed. W/ lifetime pad warranty, why not?

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Shit I got new tires thrown on at my dealer for cheapest around, but camber is a little off. They wanted $210 for a camber kit basically just new bolts. Wow goldline camber kits = $21 front and $21 rear. I said, hell no.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BlackSRT4GUY said:
im sure thats installed price......do it yourself. id upgrade to a set of hawk performance pads though, only 60$......i did, and i dont regret it one bit.

nope i know the install price is about 350.00 for the front! i use to be a service advisor!

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
They vary from dealer to dealer. A set of V-lines installed can be anywhere from $99-$250 depending on the amount of labor, machining, etc. Obviously the stock pads would be appx. $100+ more than that. It's a simple job, why not do it yourself?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My millage on the car is 59107. wel i replace the pads with some napa pads just for a quick fix for the time being. My pass. front out side pad was completly gone started grinding and the inside pad on that said was just about done for also. but i fixed it in time before i had to replace the rotors! the driver side was 1/2 gone ! i cant complain too much 59k on stock front pads! i had the same problem on my rear pads same side at about 47k or so dont rember the exact millage! and no i am not hard on ym brakes! :thumbsup:

thanks tot he sponcers for looking out for me on prices il be calling rev-it-up soon for some toys!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thepowertowin said:
They vary from dealer to dealer. A set of V-lines installed can be anywhere from $99-$250 depending on the amount of labor, machining, etc. Obviously the stock pads would be appx. $100+ more than that. It's a simple job, why not do it yourself?

i did/do do that stuff my self the only things i dont do my self are elec shit i hate wiring! when i caled for the price i talked right witht he parts dept.

·
Registered
19,512 Posts
IMPORTWHAT said:
i did/do do that stuff my self the only things i dont do my self are elec shit i hate wiring! when i caled for the price i talked right witht he parts dept.
That means they are matrix priced. It's much cheaper to get mopar parts from vendors here in the forum, including me.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thepowertowin said:
That means they are matrix priced. It's much cheaper to get mopar parts from vendors here in the forum, including me.

i know i was just in a crunch to get them and install them its my only car and i needed to fix them once i get a lil bit of cash ill be replaceing them with something nice like hawk or ebc!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts