Dodge SRT Forum banner

eye bolt size for snap in harness connectors?

3K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Crstfr 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I recently installed my harness slots into my stock seats. :thumbsup:

I have 3" competition 5 point harness from Sparco. I bought the snap-in kits but the eye bolt that came with them is too small for the stock seat belt holes.

I've been trying to find out the size of thread I need but have had no luck. I was told that I also need grade 8 bolts. Does anyone know where to get these eye bolts???

#4 ·
Ok, so I got my eyebolts yesterday afternoon... bolt right into the stock location (at least for the front two bolts) with no problems... but then, I discovered that my clip in hardware is too small for the size of the eyebolt... oops! :rofl:

#5 ·
Crstfr said:
Ok, so I got my eyebolts yesterday afternoon... bolt right into the stock location (at least for the front two bolts) with no problems... but then, I discovered that my clip in hardware is too small for the size of the eyebolt... oops! :rofl:
Oops, I beat you to it. The other day I took my stock bolts and made sure they fit through the hardware...luckily they do. I've tried both the Sparco Clip-In kit and the G-Force Bolt-In Kit. The bolts fit through both.

#6 ·
jthwan22 said:
The eye bolt for the seats is M10 X 1.5 (pitch) 35 (length). I just order some from http://www.sapsis-rigging.com/Merch...ROD&Store_Code=SRI&Product_Code=04-09-13-8659

or you can get them from http://www.jenkins.com/jenkins/index.html
for about $5 each

OK, so I bought the bolts but they do are way too small for the seat belt holes. Did you mean the seat mounting holes??? I just spent $40.00 on bolts and these don't even come close.

If someone else out there knows, please reply...I need the correct size bolts badly.

#7 ·
Typical harnass bolts are 7/16 from Sparco etc. Mine fit in the front b-pillar stock holes just fine...there's actually two holes you can attach them to I think (trying to recall from memory). I can look tonight in the rally car and let you know....

Andrew

#9 ·
jthwan22 said:
The M10X1.5X35 replace the 2 rear seat mounting bolts. You will need to put washers on them. Since you are putting in snap in seat belt, you leave the stock belts alone.

OK. Thanks for clarification. NASA won't let me bolt the harnesses to the seat mounts.:crying: I may have to resort to drilling holes in the car.

#10 ·
dcsax said:
OK. Thanks for clarification. NASA won't let me bolt the harnesses to the seat mounts.:crying: I may have to resort to drilling holes in the car.
Bummer that it is, looks like this is how I'll be going as well... just gotta get up the courage to drill through the floorpan...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.