Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought an upgraded water injection pump (from 100psi to 150psi) and have this left over 100 psi pump, now my first thought was just to sell it seperatly for some one needed one. But then i got to thinking how well would a couple of m1, or m2 nozzles mounted as an intercooler spayer work out? I mean i have like 35 feet of tubing to use, nozzles are cheap and mounting wouldn't be that hard. The only thing i would need is a sensor to turn the power on and off at what ever temp i wanted it. That way i could set it for like 100 degrees and any time the air on the hot side of the intercooler got that hot it would turn on.

What do you guys think? Worth the time, since i don't have a toys staged kit, or need different pump to work well. I know the sprayer is worth it being on the car just wondering how the w/i pump might work for this. Thanks for the read.
Randy

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I bet it could work, but you already got WI. So I doubt it would be worth the effort.

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Put oil in the tank and run the nozzles out the back of the car.

Oil slicks Spy Hunter style yeah boy.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I think that it is possible but the only suggestion's that I can give you is have an additional tank for just water to spay the intercoller and have it operated by a toggle switch until you can figure out how to get it to act like the turbo toy's sprayer and come on when needed to cool the intercooler/intake charge

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
COY said:
Put oil in the tank and run the nozzles out the back of the car.

Oil slicks Spy Hunter style yeah boy.

ohh the evel thought are brewing!! :eveilgrin :rofl:

Ya i would run a small dedicated tank for distilled water for the sprayer. And no i am not going to run a toggle switch. It needs to be automated. No time for turning switches while racing. :stab: I know there are adjustible temp sensors just not sure where to find them.
Randy

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
I just got the PTperformance fuel tunning computer and it has a wire for a shift light or a warning light. I have been toying withthe idea of running it to a relayy and using it for a trigger for my water injection. This thing can be setup to come on a set rpm, throttle position,or boost level. Maybe you can use it to trigger your sprayer.

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
srtowner said:
I just got the PTperformance fuel tunning computer and it has a wire for a shift light or a warning light. I have been toying withthe idea of running it to a relayy and using it for a trigger for my water injection. This thing can be setup to come on a set rpm, throttle position,or boost level. Maybe you can use it to trigger your sprayer.
That is a great idea and should work awesome, but my FTM was a preproduction testing unit and comes without the extra output. I may see what i can work out with John to get the newer version, but with how fast he is selling them i don't know how long i would have to wait. lol Thanks for the idea though dude it is a good one and should work good for water injection or a sprayer. :thumbsup:

Randy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts