Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Previous owner of my srt4 had a mpx-dual-exit-exhaust-system installed without downpipe, I was curious on if I bought the mpx downpipe How would I go about putting it on? Also plan on getting an MPx 3.0" O2 Housing and mpx gaskets and was curious on how to install, I have never worked on any exhausts in my entire wrenching career so have little to no knowledge on how to work on this part of my car. ANY advice at all even if its something as simple as " go to a shop" would help!, I also realized that theres a pin hole right at the y split on the exhaust, is that fixable?

·
Premium Member
6,749 Posts
It should be pretty straight forward unless the previous owner did some modifications to fit without the MPX Downpipe.
Yes that leak can be welded but make sure they clean up the area and they can weld or they will hack it up and it will leak again and look horrible.

·
Premium Member
3,315 Posts
if you purchase the o2 housing and downpipe new, they should come with installation instructions. The downpipe should match up to the rest of the exhaust. If for some reason it does not, you can at least get it close temporarily and then drive it to an exhaust shop to have them finish up the job. Should not be very difficult.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
raceaflais
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing