Dodge SRT Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
3in" o2,3in" DP, stock exhaust=sex

i wonder how it would sound if i took off just one resignator
for the moment I have a 3in DP with stock exhaust with both resonators removed, much louder than I thought it would be, pops and cracks VERY nicely on decel on stage0.

wasn't loud at all til the DP though, then almost too much with the DP, driving it in the morning with a hangover was no bueno.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
for the moment I have a 3in DP with stock exhaust with both resonators removed, much louder than I thought it would be, pops and cracks VERY nicely on decel on stage0.

wasn't loud at all til the DP though, then almost too much with the DP, driving it in the morning with a hangover was no bueno.
:rofl:

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
I would leave the resonator in, i am installing a 3 " o2 housing and 3" downpipe no cat with one big resonator and dc cat back. Without the resonator it would be too noisy for sure. The car actally doesn't sound bad right now,but i wouldn't want it too much noiser. This setup is surely at the limits for a street car.:bandit:

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
3" TBE no resonators... :) FTW! I love my setup! but everyone else hates it.

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Its kind of funny i saw this thread. cause my car used to pop and crackle like crazy. then my motor went bad and i replaced it and now it doesnt pop at all, and i have been wondering why. i havent ever heard one that didnt pop.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
PLugs makes a huge difference.... my 2 step v powers cracked and poped and 2 step sounded NASTY!!! than put in 2 step colder iridiums... and no more pop... two step sounds.... oook.... but no more missfires :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
PLugs makes a huge difference.... my 2 step v powers cracked and poped and 2 step sounded NASTY!!! than put in 2 step colder iridiums... and no more pop... two step sounds.... oook.... but no more missfires :)
So mine used to pop like crazy on decel now it does it intermediantly, but not like it used to. I'm s2 ecu 3in dp 3in exaust catless, stock exaust manifold. I've checked over everything not a single code anywhere, ran injector cleaner through the system and its louder but still not consistent, car has 159xxx on it just want it to sound like it used to😭😭 I miss how loud and mean it sounded on decel

61 - 80 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.