Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 3" open dp and a borla exhaust and i noticed it dont crackle and pop like other srt's whys that ?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey

i was wondering if i put the block off plate on the dp if that will help

·
Registered
129 Posts
My Stage 1 crackeled and popped, but when I put in the Stage 3 Holy crackalacking, BANG!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
im stage one, 50 trim, mine crackles and pops like a muthaa, but even more when i was stock turbo. close the cutout see what happens

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have the mpx dual exit 3" exhaust,3" catless DP,3" o2 housing and mine pops crackles and whistles like you wouldnt believe..i love it..my neighborhood hates it though haha
i also have all my stuff ported intake throttle body turbo turbo manifold
it popped before but when i replaced my motor with the 2.6 dcr stroker motor thats when it really started poppin hardcore..i love it

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ima put the plate on tommorow. i lost the damn bolts to bolt it to the dp. do u know where i can get them?

·
Registered
551 Posts
you might wanna try some fuel injector cleaner, to get a better flow.
mines stage 1 with mopar exhaust and a few other bolt ons and pops like crazy,
i also use nothing but shell premium gas with the nitrogen enriched gas to clean everything in there and use the fuel injector cleaner at every oil change,
just my $0.02.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I'm gonna say it's the yellow on the bottom of your car.. it doesn't want to attract more unnecessary attention to itself??? hehe

when you say open dp... do you mean you don't have a catalytic converter? once i got rid of mine she sounds like a big bowl of rice crispies! hehe

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
As far as I know it's a setting in the PCM. The setting keeps the injectors open longer on decel, to put fuel into the exhaust.

Hence why the staged kits list it as a feature:
"More aggressive exhaust note during deceleration. More pops, snaps, and burbles during closed throttle de-celerations and between shifts."

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
turbo back pressure...

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
As far as I know it's a setting in the PCM. The setting keeps the injectors open longer on decel, to put fuel into the exhaust.

Hence why the staged kits list it as a feature:
"More aggressive exhaust note during deceleration. More pops, snaps, and burbles during closed throttle de-celerations and between shifts."
is there any reason for that other than the noise?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.