Dodge SRT Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,769 Posts
The way the SRT team explained it back in the day, when they used to do their chat sessions here, is that the "snap/crackle' was the engine dumping extra fuel to help cool the cylinders, kind of an old school performance trick. But it's more likely because they would rather the car run slightly rich, than EVER have it run lean, which can burn a hole in a piston in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The way the SRT team explained it back in the day, when they used to do their chat sessions here, is that the "snap/crackle' was the engine dumping extra fuel to help cool the cylinders, kind of an old school performance trick. But it's more likely because they would rather the car run slightly rich, than EVER have it run lean, which can burn a hole in a piston in a heartbeat.
I get why they do it but I dont get why mine doesnt constantly do it like it used to it goes for a sec then stops and if i tap the pedal it starts again for a little

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.