Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i bought a set of your exhaust hangers and one of them tore. i do not see how they even come close to fitting. the holes are too small. i used some prothane super grease to aid in installation and it still tore. can i send them back and maybe get a set with larger holes?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I went to install mine last week... I got under the car and realized... there is no way in hell its going in.

I couldnt even get the stock hanger off of there for that matter... I'm sure i could just cut it off, but then if the new hanger doesnt fit on, im fucked.

Is there some sort of trick to get the stock hangers off of there (and do you have to remove the exhaust system to do so)?

Im sure i can drill out the holes in the new hangers a little wider to get them on there.

If anyone can help me out, please do, I'd really like to get them on before it starts snowing.

-Yavuz

·
Registered
221 Posts
mine are still in the box, when I seen them I said theres no way I'm getting those on there whithout a fight. Just waiting for a little more time to try it.

any help would also be great..

free bump

Mike

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I actualy own a special tool made for removing those rubber hangers.:) Anyways if your not kewl like me, get some wd40 and spray the mount. Get some pliers and put it up against the metal and the rear of the rubber and wala!

If you have issues getting the poly unit on, get a drill and open it up some, no biggy.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i got an email from him today saying he is shipping me a new set. so using a regular drill bit on the urethane will not harm them? cuz the holes need to be a good bit bigger.

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you think some of that prothane super grease will keep them from squeaking? i don't think the exhaust will move much, but putting that in there couldn't hurt.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I Used My Hands As It Was Not Hard To Get Off. Are You Guys Being Serious About This Tool? Maybe Mine Are Just So Stretched Out That It Made Them Easy To Get Off?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts