Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the EVo's have a forum yet? and what the link is.....I hear they are having some tranny problems like the SRT's. :)

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I am pretty damn lazy, I just anwered my own question in about 1 min. http://www.lancerevolutions.com/forum/

·
Registered
26,203 Posts
Thanks Turbo4life...

Check this out: I NEED PARTS FOR THE EVO VIII. I GOT MINE ON THE 26TH OF LAST MONTH. AND THIS LAST FRIDAY TOOK TO THE TRACKS AND COULD ONLY PULL A 14.1 SEC 1/4 MILE I NEED A BIGGER TURBO AND I NEED TO TURN OF MY LSD . IS THERE ANY PARTS OUT THERE YET?

:shock: I thought at least it should be a 13.8 car.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LoL, Not many members of the EVO community. Wonder if theres something better for them? Oh well I dont have the money for a lancer 8 anyway, I just called a dealership in MD and supposably they have a Black SRT-4 in stock, so im off too look at it tonight.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
hemidakota said:
Thanks Turbo4life...

Check this out: I NEED PARTS FOR THE EVO VIII. I GOT MINE ON THE 26TH OF LAST MONTH. AND THIS LAST FRIDAY TOOK TO THE TRACKS AND COULD ONLY PULL A 14.1 SEC 1/4 MILE I NEED A BIGGER TURBO AND I NEED TO TURN OF MY LSD . IS THERE ANY PARTS OUT THERE YET?

the guy probably sucks at shifting and dropped the clutch to early. it is easily a mid 13 sec car

·
Registered
449 Posts
hemidakota said:
Thanks Turbo4life...

Guy sounds like a complete moron, does he think that lack of an LSD will make the car faster in the 1/4 mile? As smart as he sounds I'll bet practice would reduce his time more than 200 more horsepower would.

also try http://www.evolutionm.net/

·
Registered
696 Posts
www.evolutionm.net

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
turbo4life said:
LoL, Not many members of the EVO community. Wonder if theres something better for them? Oh well I dont have the money for a lancer 8 anyway, I just called a dealership in MD and supposably they have a Black SRT-4 in stock, so im off too look at it tonight.
Already? Few have contacted me left and right about SRT-4. I got to verify and they are all SXT. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
turbo4life said:
Anyone know if the EVo's have a forum yet? and what the link is.....I hear they are having some tranny problems like the SRT's. :)
What problems with the SRT tranny???? :?

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
Unless some of us have had our trannys replaced for having metal particles in them, the tranny problems are not the same :) I read of one case where one did get replaced, a second guys dealership told him his replcement trans was on the way when he described the symptom, and one other owner was hearing the same noise the first two did. All we have is some balkiness going into second sometimes. AFIK. The one guy did mention that his dealership experience was wonderful though :D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Going back to the whole transmission "grinding" deal... I used to have it happen a lot, but it hasn't happened lately!?? I've got right at 4000 miles on the car and I can't remember the last time it did it.... Hmm... Maybe it's because of the added mileage?

Anyone else have around 4000 miles yet?

-Sam :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
1) On lancer forums a guy claimed to have ran a 13.1 in his stock Evo8. He also admitted being a 19 year veteran of drag racing too. Dont bite off more than you can chew. An Evo8 will whoop a SRT-4 stock vs stock. Just be glad you have an extra $10k in your pocket (I know I do).

2) I have just over 5300 mi on my SRT-4 and havent experienced any grinding issues lately. On the other hand it is 60s now compared to the 10s when I got it (Feb).

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
from the reviews i've read so far you need to dump the clutch at 6,000rpm
in the evo to even touch those 13.5 s times and it isnt the easiest task even then .. 3 diff magazines stated this.. if you launch at 3,500 rpm it will only pull a 14.1 . so this kid is right ... you need to beat it to death to get a 13.5 .. its just like the wrx with the 5.4 s 0-60 you need to launch @ over 5,000 rpms.. so it is possible for an srt4 to beat an evo in the quarter

·
Registered
584 Posts
And how long exactly is the tranny going to last at 5k+ plus dumps??? Even most of the people over evolutionm.net realize this isn't a good way to commonly launch your car. With that said, I love the EVO. If I had the extra cash I might have been mine.

Anyway, Brian, I'm curious about how the car is performing at the Auto-X as well. Any details?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts