Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What will production be like for the EVO? I think that Dodge might lose some sales if they dont release it before the EVO hits the market. That is what like 25 days now? I know the price difference between the two but I may have been able to swing a EVO but I will wait for the SRT-4, but some others I dont know about....

So DC if your listening, hurry you might just lose money!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
well with the evo, i am sure that the first year they will be jacking up the price at the dealers just like they are trying with the srt-4. so expect about $35000. i just think that is a little too much for that car. IMO.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I was thinking that also, who is going to pay 35,000 for a EVO, what are the base ones running? like 16,000-20,000 I know you cant compare but come on, is the engine and the AWD system cost another 18,000?? A rip off if you ask me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
iwntasrt-4 said:
Yeah I was thinking that also, who is going to pay 35,000 for a EVO, what are the base ones running? like 16,000-20,000 I know you cant compare but come on, is the engine and the AWD system cost another 18,000?? A rip off if you ask me.
Probably the same people that paid 40-50K for the Stealth R/T TT and 3000 GT VR4. Rally cars are pretty cool. They should just get the prices down so young people can buy them. I graduated from college a year ago and even an SRT-4 would be too much $$$ for me. :shock:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Mitsubishi has taken the EVO7 out of WRC. After 130 mph the car loses juice. EVO 6 (Spec: Zero One) had ~340 Hp was a street car and was the fastest of all the models and it sold for $50,000 AUSI(98). This translates to about high 30 grand U.S. Fast, and Yes it turned heads but that model will never make it here and the EVO7 will not steel away the market from the SRT-4. I believe it would be the other way around.

-James

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
iwntasrt-4 said:

The EVO and the SRT-4 are not even in the same league. In one corner you have a modified Dodge Neon w/turbo. Excuse the term, but an econobox. In the other you have a rally proven AWD Japanese import. A true performance automobile. It's badass, trust me. Supposedly the new EVO's are going to base at 30-35g's. But you can expect markups and options to put that a bit higher. The EVO that is coming to the states is much different than that current piece of shit Lancer that they already sell here. Two completely different models. Such that the Lancer may base at 14g's, but the EVO definitely will not. I can almost gurantee you that the SRT-4 and the EVO will not be in competition with each other in the dealerships. Now on the rally stages it might be a different story.

-5OH :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts

the srt-4 will be a new domestic performance machine. track(road & 1320), rally, auto-x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing