Dodge SRT Forum banner

everyone check for boost leaks......now

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  NIVO88T 
#1 ·
i had nothing better to do on saturday. so i take everything apart on my ic sprayer cuz i suspect i have a bad check valve. so while everything was apart i decided to tighten all the pipes just in case. i noticed that the one on the hot side of the ic was a lil loose(i could pull the rubber lip up with my finger) so i tightened it. also the hose on the back side of the turbo was also slightly loose. i tightened it also. last but not least i tightened the mopar blow off valve.(it was already tight i just tightened it more about half a turn on all bolts) of course i reset the computer, and started her up for a test drive.

here's what i noticed:

my dab set at 0 i gained from 5-7psi max to 8-10psimax.

my partial throttle response is crazy i spike to 14-15psi in just second gear. i squeel my tires at partial throttle in 2nd gear, and these are new tires.

the main difference is that my partial throttle boost is real touchy i tap the pedal and it jumps so quick its scary. my boost gauge seems to be less shaky also it holds 17psi (without bouncing) til 5500-5600 then it slowly tapers away.

also i put zip ties on the green and black hose(wastegate and the turbo) i noticed that the lightweight stage 3 car had a zip tie on the wastegate hose. so i zip tied everything.

if i had a boost leak then man it must have bad. i never heard it or anything but i believed it was there. whoever tightened the hoses must have been told not to tightened them all the way or something. because they were loose.

everyone who owns a srt-4 i would recommend checking those hoses.....now:hi:

See less See more
#3 ·
I look forward to Glocks posts :haha:

#6 ·
srt4turbo04 said:
I look forward to Glocks posts :haha:
I want to set up an "auto-post" feature that automatically posts :readclosesomething from glock in every thread

Of course, if he wants to types stuff too, that would be a bonus, but is not required:lol:

Note jay/moe's comment about holding 17 steady.

#7 ·
Who is jay/moe? Ooooohhhh yeah.... the boost leak thing. I almost forgot about the reason for this thread :rofl:

#10 ·
#3 and #5 are the ones you want to pay attention to, but still tighten all other clamps. and i would recommend placing zip ties on the green and black hoses.

#15 ·
FtBragg, to do #3 right, you gotta pop off the upper intake hose where it attaches to the turbo. which can be done with out removing the battery, but slightly more of a PITA that way. My gallery has a pic with an arrow pointing the clamp out, caled "turbo close".

Number five can be done, but it's a pain. Problem is, that's the second most common point to be loose. Gotta get it. If you have an Auto Skills or Auto Hobby shop on post, go there and ask around, you most often can find some mechanical monkey who will find a way:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.