Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently am having a fuel cut issue when i drive home from work. When I'm on the highway at about 65mph my check engine light will come on and @ exactly 2k rpm i have complete fuel cutout, no boost pressure and I'm trying to diagnose it. I use DStunning, so i am able to see that I'm getting an intermittent camshaft position sensor code, along with this mystery EVAP P0400 code.

Also, Should I have any negative vacuum pressure when I'm WOT? Need help with this if anyone has had a similar issue.

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts
I currently am having a fuel cut issue when i drive home from work. When I'm on the highway at about 65mph my check engine light will come on and @ exactly 2k rpm i have complete fuel cutout, no boost pressure and I'm trying to diagnose it. I use DStunning, so i am able to see that I'm getting an intermittent camshaft position sensor code, along with this mystery EVAP P0400 code.

Also, Should I have any negative vacuum pressure when I'm WOT? Need help with this if anyone has had a similar issue.
the cam position sensor code and the 2k rpm are big tell tale signs that the cam position sensor and the magnet under it need to be replaced. (This is VERY common). Do yourself a favor and spend the money on Mopar parts for this. Other brands are known to fail very quickly on this.

negative vacuum.... the smart ass in me wants to point out the double negative here...

How are you measuring boost/vacuum and why do you think you have.... negative vacuum?
(FYI its nearly impossible to have any amount of vacuum at true WOT, even if the car didn't have a turbo)

·
Premium Member
4,264 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the obvious solution for me was to change out the cam sensor, which I have already done recently. like I said I use DStunning. The gauge display I use shows the vacuum pressure, and when I’m slowly throttling up, my boost gauge reads positive and also shows a negative pressures signal. (boost gauge is stock srt)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts