Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i need ur help, this has happend for 3 times now and i dont know what it is, heres the story:
i was driving on the highway, i was in a hurry going like 100 - 120 mph constantly, sometimes 150. i drove about 60 miles and everything seemed to be fine... i was @ 5th gear all the time. then i drove off the highway, switched to neutral while stopping and i noticed that something wrong. the rpm werent going smoothly down to around 1k but it stopped somewhere @ 1700 then want to 1200 and stayed there for a couple of secs. i was like wtf is wrong... so i stopped and pushed the gas in neutral and the engine didnt go above 2k rpm, and it sounded like a fuel cut out. i tried to push it a few more times but it did the same. the funny thing is that when i switched to 1st gear and tried to drive it went lets say "normal" i mean the engine now was going over 2k rpm but it still didnt feel right. the temp was ok, it was above 200 for a moemnt but i was driving fast. i waited till it cools down a bit it was below 200 but it was still the same. so i turned off the engine, turned it on a sec later and guess what? everything was normal again... like nothing happened. it didnt throw any codes, no engine servise light, nothing. ok i said what the hell... but then it happend again some time later... and for the third time i made a video to make u guys understand what im talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkPI_6NpAXI (sorry for the bad quality but i had only my phone...)

ok, so it only happes whan im pushing it, and the engine gets hot. didnt ever happen at normal driving. so what can this be? can this be because of the heat? should i get maybe a 180 t-stat? help me out please.

thanx for reading all of this :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
While it is idling, take the throttle position sensor harness and move it around. If the idle changes... becomes irratic (idles up/down) it's a high possibility the harness is bad and you will need to install the tps repair kit. Possible fouled spark plug(s) also gives the same symptom.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked the throttle sensor and it seems ok, nothing happend when i move it. how can i check my plugs? and also i noticed something: when the car is cool after the start i can be standing in 1st gear with my clutch pushed i can add gas and nothing happend but when the car is hot, i do the same and the car starts to slightly move forward... can that be related or is it another problem with the clutch??

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok it happens even when i travel 100 mph, and it looks like a electronical problem, with the pcm maybe couse when i just turn the car off and on again its back to normal... any more ideas??

·
Registered
317 Posts
jedaj said:
jedaj said:
Milkit18 said:
Unplug the TPS.

Change ur Plugs ans Wires .
i have the screamin damon coil with 8.5 firewires. should i change them? and what plugs do u recommend?
bump??
I would try the stock coil, some people in the forums have problems with aftermarket coils, specially the MSD one. Good luck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rojo said:
jedaj said:
jedaj said:
Milkit18 said:
Unplug the TPS.

Change ur Plugs ans Wires .
i have the screamin damon coil with 8.5 firewires. should i change them? and what plugs do u recommend?
bump??
I would try the stock coil, some people in the forums have problems with aftermarket coils, specially the MSD one. Good luck.
unfortunatly i dont have the stock coil, and i dont want to buy a new one to see if it was it or something else...

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ngehlen said:
so did you ever figure out what the exact problem was? mine is doing the exact same thing.
no not yet, now im at work in spain so i wont be using the car for like 2 months... do you have an aftermarket coil?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok I think that I finally figured it out. One day when this happened my engine check light came on and a P0068 code. I thought its got to be related but funny that it didnt come on for the last 100 of times... anyway I read about the CEL code and found out that you can fight it by connecting the rec vac line back to the cold side hard pipe. So I did it and it seams like the problem is over.
Any of you that have similar problems try doing that, it should help.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts