Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...filled up the tank at the shell station, drove away, stopped at red light.. turned green started to go, felt a little stutter, then the light came on! Pulled over shut it off. Temp. & Coolant level was fine, oil level fine. Drove it home, didnt seem like anything wrong w the engine as I drove it home, but the light stayed on. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
7,550 Posts

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Owner manual mentions poor gas quality, or gas cap issue that could also set that light on. Hoping it's just the gas thats bad....

·
Super Moderator
16,403 Posts
Did you run the tank down to nearly bone dry? If you did that can also create issues too.

You really just need to get the code and we'll be able to give you a much better response :) May be something as simple as the gas cap not being on tight. Hard to say without seeing what the CEL is about.

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did you run the tank down to nearly bone dry? If you did that can also create issues too.

You really just need to get the code and we'll be able to give you a much better response :) May be something as simple as the gas cap not being on tight. Hard to say without seeing what the CEL is about.
It was at half tank , when filled

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Recently put a locking gas cap on, which didnt trigger anything when I put it on.. but when I refilled the tank & put it back on, it did. . But today the car must of reset itself, and the light is not on anymore ..

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Recently put a locking gas cap on, which didnt trigger anything when I put it on.. but when I refilled the tank & put it back on, it did. . But today the car must of reset itself, and the light is not on anymore ..
If the cars stage 3 it doesn't run the evap monitor. Soo.. loose gas cap or not.. wont throw a code.

the key dance will show codes in the odometer window.. Its on off on off on and they appear.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the cars stage 3 it doesn't run the evap monitor. Soo.. loose gas cap or not.. wont throw a code.

the key dance will show codes in the odometer window.. Its on off on off on and they appear.

Lol...I was told that it was a stage 3 from the guy that I bought it from, but it appears to be a modified stage 1. I tried to edit my screen name, but could not. Thanks

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stage 1 also won't throw evap codes..

..well, I never never did that thing to get any codes. Th light came on monday evening, still on , on my morning drive to work.. Was off when I started it later that day to drive home.. so it corrected itself..🙂👍

·
Registered
14 Posts

I didn't know that🤯

1 - 19 of 19 Posts