Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all..please don't pass me off as some kid with some pipe dreams who says "I'm doing this or that," etc. etc. I've been doing lots of research, test drives, Q&As, and an extreme amount of time reading these forums and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt what I'm going to do. That being said...

Quick question..once I get back from Iraq I plan to get an SRT4 and dump around 5-8k into it. I'm curious as to how much HP/TQ the engine internals, clutch and tranny can take before I need to start putting in aftermarket parts. Same for the axles too. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Banned
3,008 Posts
overall 400whp and the stock stuff is still good. the engine it self has not had it's limits found yet with proper tunning. the axels are dependent on hop and other things that break them.

I would say once you hit about 450whp you would want to start looking at a new clutch, and axels to be safe. If you are thinking about going over that then just get some new pistons as well to make things a bit easier.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
at 450whp i would only think you need cluth trany sould be good and piston heads are the weak part of the motor after 450whp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.