27,026 Posts
www.OBDII.com help?

been playing with the boost any? :twisted: :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is still stock.

I pulled it the same way you pull all neon codes. Only difference is the code pops up where the odometer is.

I called down to florida, is the Barametric pressure out of range too low. It is nothing major, just a goofy glitch I guess. I am going to clear it and keep an eye on it.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
dude im soo gonna want one of those NYGs!!!!!! any for sale if not im first in line :lol: :wink: but yeah so how did you get that code then?

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
hemidakota said:
How did you get the code?
Put the key into the ignition and WITHOUT starting the motor, turn the key to the on position, then off, then on, then off, and back to the on position and the code shows up in the odometer window.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I heard P0129 is the result of a missed start or an attempt to start where you accidentally stopped cranking before it was running (engine might run backwards for a little bit). Heard from a dealer tech that PVO is releasing new firmware soon to get rid of this. Just reset your ECU (battery disconnect) and make sure to fully crank during every start.

·
Registered
7,270 Posts
romli said:
I heard P0129 is the result of a missed start or an attempt to start where you accidentally stopped cranking before it was running (engine might run backwards for a little bit). Heard from a dealer tech that PVO is releasing new firmware soon to get rid of this. Just reset your ECU (battery disconnect) and make sure to fully crank during every start.
If you look up the code here: http://www.iequus.com/3100.asp?CatShort=CodeDef#getCodes

P0129 - Generic - Barometric Pressure Too Low

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Romli, the code you are describing is P 1128, I got that code when it stopped cranking right be fore it started. Where did you hear they were making a fix for it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
generallee said:
Romli, the code you are describing is P 1128, I got that code when it stopped cranking right be fore it started.
My friend says he can't find a P1128 for SRT. P1188 and P0234 are for overboost. Are you running an MBC?

generallee said:
Where did you hear they were making a fix for it?
My friend is a dealer tech. I have him calling the tech line all the time. They told him recently that there's a TSB coming for PT-Turbo's and SRT to fix P0129.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
romli said:
generallee said:
Romli, the code you are describing is P 1128, I got that code when it stopped cranking right be fore it started.
My friend says he can't find a P1128 for SRT. P1188 and P0234 are for overboost. Are you running an MBC?

generallee said:
Where did you hear they were making a fix for it?
My friend is a dealer tech. I have him calling the tech line all the time. They told him recently that there's a TSB coming for PT-Turbo's and SRT to fix P0129.
Oh goodie goodie...our first recall :D .....cant wait to see all the haters start surfacing now :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not a recall, just recommended service for a specific complaint. All cars from all mfgs have TSB's (Technical Service Bulletin).

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
romli said:
Not a recall, just recommended service for a specific complaint. All cars from all mfgs have TSB's (Technical Service Bulletin).
Yeah ure right....so no joy for the haters...oh well

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well it looks like i will have to wait until like may or june til the dealers up here get all the stuff in stock because next thurs. i will have a new srt-4 but northeast indiana wont get them until mid may to early june but OH Well!

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
My wife got that CEL last night, car started running rough, was cutting out after 3k rpm. Reset the computer, and haven't had any problems, ran it pretty hard today too. I am gonna watch and see if it comes back.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Yeah the same thing happened with mine. At 3k it was like a rev limiter?? What code did you get? 0129? Mine was 1128 and it did the same thing. How did she get the code? Was it by somehow stopping cranking right before the car started?

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
It was P0129, I don't know how she got it, I was at home, she called up on the cell all freaked out. After I checked the code, I just reset the computer. I didnt drive it with the CEL, my wife did. Driving a turbo'd car that is missing/running rough = bad

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
today i got P0129 also. any of you guys that had it before get it again, or seen any other problems with it? thanks. 8)

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
mdhavi18 said:
today i got P0129 also. any of you guys that had it before get it again, or seen any other problems with it? thanks. 8)
Nope. No problems since I reset the PCM.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts