Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows how to get the
block code that was assinged to that specific vin #.
I have already called Diamler Chrysler (HQ) and dealerships,
they will not give that info.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
God RokZ said:
Page 9-90 of the Factory service manual lists the location of the engine identification number as the rear of the cyl block....then they say to see image. In the image it looks to be between the top two transmission bell housing bolts. Judging by the image you need to have the transmission removed or at least separated from the engine block to see this.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
turbojack said:
God RokZ said:
Page 9-90 of the Factory service manual lists the location of the engine identification number as the rear of the cyl block....then they say to see image. In the image it looks to be between the top two transmission bell housing bolts. Judging by the image you need to have the transmission removed or at least separated from the engine block to see this.
I know where it's at, I just need to know how to tell what engine came with what car. The block code we have does not match the block that's supposed to be in the car. BTW you can see it through the intake manifold w/a little extended mirror.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Woops, I guess I did not read your post very well.

I bought my car direct and brand new, I know the engine has not been messed with since the car was manufactured. I have my engine out of the car, I will look at mine and see if theres any numbers matching the block to the car. I also have a new Mopar replacement short block, I'll look at this to see if theres anything unique to the numbers.

Just curious but why are you looking for this?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turbojack said:
Woops, I guess I did not read your post very well.

I bought my car direct and brand new, I know the engine has not been messed with since the car was manufactured. I have my engine out of the car, I will look at mine and see if theres any numbers matching the block to the car. I also have a new Mopar replacement short block, I'll look at this to see if theres anything unique to the numbers.

Just curious but why are you looking for this?
My girlfriend purchased a lemon, runs rough, throws misfire codes, etc, took it in to the dealership and the tech said he knew for sure that the block wasn't the original one. For some odd reason I have a piece of paper with a block code on it & it doesn't match the one in the car. We are going to pursue a lawsuit against the dodge dealership here for selling us a car under warranty when they knew the warranty was void. we're trying to scrounge up as much info as we can beforehand.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I dont understand.

You bought a car...it has an engine in it with a different code on it that whats supposed to be in the vehicle??

How do you know whats supposed to be in the vehicle?

What happens if it spins a bearing and they need to put a new block in it? That block doesnt come with a code on it.

Why is the warranty void?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts