Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, it's getting real close to the end of the racing season for most of us.
Did anyone reach their goals this race season?
Does anyone have any plans to mod their car during the winter?
Also, what are your goals for next season?

I invite all of you to share your experiences. :shift:

Gabe

·
Registered
501 Posts
yup, reached mine of breaking into 12's and trapping over 110 at Bandimere :):)
planning to replace the 2.5 inch borla catback section of my exhaust with 3 inch and upgrade the intercooler, and maybe some traction mods like the psi fi setup
next season i wanna get mid or low 12's on drag radials at Bandimere
had a blast this season!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I had three goals for the season:

Get over the 14.2 hump that loomed over my for the longest
-Final run on Sunday 18th - 14.097

Break the 100 mph trap speed.
-Second run on Sunday 18th - 101

Drop my 60' time from the ever high 2.4
-Final Run on Sunday 18th - 2.357 (street tires)

So I accomplished 99% of my goals for the season. The only last thing I wanted to do was get into the 13's. I will try to do this Wednesday night and then my season is complete.

So who is all going to Test and Tune Wednesday?

Brian

·
Registered
501 Posts
04bluesmithjuice said:

So I accomplished 99% of my goals for the season. The only last thing I wanted to do was get into the 13's. I will try to do this Wednesday night and then my season is complete.

Brian
nice

i might go, but if i do i'll probably just be watching, giving my car a break

·
Registered
342 Posts
XLR8 said:
Well guys, it's getting real close to the end of the racing season for most of us.
Did anyone reach their goals this race season?
Does anyone have any plans to mod their car during the winter?
Also, what are your goals for next season?

I invite all of you to share your experiences. :shift:

Gabe
Yes, I met my goals w/the 13.5 stock turbo.
Yes, going for 450hp.
MY goal for next season is to get kicked off the track (11.99 or faster)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sniper342 said:
yup, reached mine of breaking into 12's and trapping over 110 at Bandimere :):)
planning to replace the 2.5 inch borla catback section of my exhaust with 3 inch and upgrade the intercooler, and maybe some traction mods like the psi fi setup
next season i wanna get mid or low 12's on drag radials at Bandimere
had a blast this season!
I don't know man but with a good traction setup I see 11s in your near future if you keep going the way you are!

·
Registered
501 Posts
XLR8 said:
I don't know man but with a good traction setup I see 11s in your near future if you keep going the way you are!
haha, thanks, it's tempting, maybe i'll try and get kicked off the track once also because i'm drawing the line before putting a cage in my car
the Psi-Fi traction device looks real nice...

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
04bluesmithjuice said:

Brian
By the looks of your dyno results, you should be able to run a mid 13 at the track. It's just a matter of getting the traction for it. I ran a 13.59 @ 103 with 280hp--->330 ft lbs. on the stock street tires this year.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A853 said:
Yes, I met my goals w/the 13.5 stock turbo.
Yes, going for 450hp.
MY goal for next season is to get kicked off the track (11.99 or faster)
Next year we'll be taking some haters to school, let me know if you need any help getting kicked off the track! :jester:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sniper342 said:
haha, thanks, it's tempting, maybe i'll try and get kicked off the track once also because i'm drawing the line before putting a cage in my car
the Psi-Fi traction device looks real nice...
Check out the setup that RAGE is coming out with, it looks promising. If need be, cage that sucka! :lol:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I am going to be taking some parts off my car and selling them soon.
I have a agp wastegate actuator and a jlm 3" dp&o2 w/flex. Both are like new but I cant use them with my new setup. The track closes in two weeks, so its time to start winter construction.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
XLR8 said:
By the looks of your dyno results, you should be able to run a mid 13 at the track. It's just a matter of getting the traction for it. I ran a 13.59 @ 103 with 280hp--->330 ft lbs. on the stock street tires this year.
Yea I went to Test and Tune last night and I ran on my new DR's and I got my 60' down from 2.4 on street tires to a 2.0 but that same run I missed 3rd gear not once but twice. :flame: It was looking from the beginning of the slip and I had a .15 reaction and a 2.0 60' so I'm think that run was good for a 13.7ish. That would have been fine with me for the third time ever on DR's.

Maybe next week or something I will be into the 13's. :eveilgrin

Brian

·
Registered
501 Posts
nice runs today Gabe :) congrats on closing out the season with your new 12.6 best!!

damn, traction does really suck at Pueblo, the lower altitude than Bandimere (4900 ft. vs 5800 ft. according to http://www.nhra.com/2002/sportsman/news/February/021501.html) helped me make a little more power, but my drag radials were spinning like mad all the way through 1st and 2nd... it was hard to even make them spin in 1st at Bandimere... this last session has really started making me think about slicks...
new best though, 12.8 at 114 mph :)

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sniper342 said:
nice runs today Gabe :) congrats on closing out the season with your new 12.6 best!!

damn, traction does really suck at Pueblo, the lower altitude than Bandimere (4900 ft. vs 5800 ft. according to http://www.nhra.com/2002/sportsman/news/February/021501.html) helped me make a little more power, but my drag radials were spinning like mad all the way through 1st and 2nd... it was hard to even make them spin in 1st at Bandimere... this last session has really started making me think about slicks...
new best though, 12.8 at 114 mph :)
I'm still feeling a little bittersweet, I know that there is a 12.4 in my car its just a matter of getting a good run.
I hit the revlimiter on my first 12.6 run and my shifter knob popped off on the second 12.6 run.
at least I got my launch down (consistent 1.8 60fts).
The highlight of the day was beating that 550+hp EVO. The guy was a good sport about it too, he came down to my pit area to ask me about my setup.

·
Registered
501 Posts
XLR8 said:
I'm still feeling a little bittersweet, I know that there is a 12.4 in my car its just a matter of getting a good run.
I hit the revlimiter on my first 12.6 run and my shifter knob popped off on the second 12.6 run.
at least I got my launch down (consistent 1.8 60fts).
The highlight of the day was beating that 550+hp EVO. The guy was a good sport about it too, he came down to my pit area to ask me about my setup.
Yeah, that was nice, and that EVO was pretty mean... 123 mph trap, damn.

I think with more fuel and some tuning you've got 11's. :)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I went down to Pueblo for the last races of the year on Sunday, and hit an all time best for me and my car, 13.4 @ 95 mph (coasting to avoid breakout) That is on the stock injectors, stock pcm, and stock turbo. I was happy as fuuuuccckkk. First run of the day was a 13.9 when I shifted from 3rd into 2nd by accident :eeeek: , loud backfire, but no hurt to the motor, as she ran faster and faster all day. I ran it 6 times, r/t weree under .100, and the 60' were all 2.0 and one 1.9. If I had raced the last race out I would have hit 13.2 or so. So I am happy. Good times to all that raced this season and I will see you guys next year, maybe sooner.

Brian

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
04bluesmithjuice said:
I went down to Pueblo for the last races of the year on Sunday, and hit an all time best for me and my car, 13.4 @ 95 mph (coasting to avoid breakout) That is on the stock injectors, stock pcm, and stock turbo. I was happy as fuuuuccckkk. First run of the day was a 13.9 when I shifted from 3rd into 2nd by accident :eeeek: , loud backfire, but no hurt to the motor, as she ran faster and faster all day. I ran it 6 times, r/t weree under .100, and the 60' were all 2.0 and one 1.9. If I had raced the last race out I would have hit 13.2 or so. So I am happy. Good times to all that raced this season and I will see you guys next year, maybe sooner.

Brian
What are your mods so far?

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
As far as the Mods: AGP FMIC, AGP WGA, CAI, 3" tbe, Tial Bov, JMB UPP, MSD wires, NGK plugs, Apex SAFC, Profec B EBC, ED TIP mod, Turbo timer.

I was running on DR's, stock pcm, stock injectors, stock turbo on my 04.

·
Registered
501 Posts
04bluesmithjuice said:

Brian
nice work!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.