Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just recently bought an EMS from a "reputable" business, who is also a vendor on these forums. And it just so happens to be EMS #0008...I've heard of the coil dwell setting issues, as well as the DLC cable issues inherent to the early EMS boxes.

The question is, aside from those two things, is there anything else to be concerned about with such an early box?

Quite honestly, I am baffled as to how I came to acquire such an old unit, being that it has been released for quite some time now...My friend bought one about 3 months ago and got unit 120 or something like that.

Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Chuck

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
chuck's_srt-4 said:
So I just recently bought an EMS from a "reputable" business, who is also a vendor on these forums. And it just so happens to be EMS #0008...I've heard of the coil dwell setting issues, as well as the DLC cable issues inherent to the early EMS boxes.

The question is, aside from those two things, is there anything else to be concerned about with such an early box?

Quite honestly, I am baffled as to how I came to acquire such an old unit, being that it has been released for quite some time now...My friend bought one about 3 months ago and got unit 120 or something like that.

Anyway, any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

Chuck
i wouldnt be concerned, make sure ignition is set up right and you shouldnt have a problem,i have tuned lower boxes and havent had any issues.

in case you do have an issue aem has great technical support and if there is a malfunction caused by manufacturing i havent seen them push anyone away yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts