Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Emanage not commun. with E-01 and error on emanage Help...

So I got the emanage connected, the power/ground and map sensor in and out and the RPM and Throttle. I Pulled the USB cable from my printer, I forgot to buy one. And tried to get it up and running.

All I get is a Bad flutter (determined the Map sensor is now a cut circuit) and the E-01 will not comm. With the Emanage. It says error communicating when I try.

The light on the emanage goes from red to yellow to orange then repeats it over and over, all very repetitively, over and over with no pauses.

Any help?

I Know the wires are all hooked up right, triple check by this time, and All connections are soldered and taped twice over. All jumpers are just as other srts do as per the SRTforums site.

Anything anyone can think of?

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
this happened to us, you're going to need to get the latest firmware for the emanage, should be v1.39. then you will be able to communicate with the car. until then, jump the green and white wires on the emanage connector.

someone with the serial cable and laptop should be able to do it. ask the local Cali guys with emanage.

robertk said:
So I got the emanage connected, the power/ground and map sensor in and out and the RPM and Throttle. I Pulled the USB cable from my printer, I forgot to buy one. And tried to get it up and running.

All I get is a Bad flutter (determined the Map sensor is now a cut circuit) and the E-01 will not comm. With the Emanage. It says error communicating when I try.

The light on the emanage goes from red to yellow to orange then repeats it over and over, all very repetitively, over and over with no pauses.

Any help?

I Know the wires are all hooked up right, triple check by this time, and All connections are soldered and taped twice over. All jumpers are just as other srts do as per the SRTforums site.

Anything anyone can think of?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SOOO ANYONE in so cali care to help me out??

Sure could use it......

Come one. Someone has got to be in so cali and willing to help..

Wait so the cable thats a special cable right?

·
Premium Member
9,774 Posts
robertk said:
SOOO ANYONE in so cali care to help me out??

Sure could use it......

Come one. Someone has got to be in so cali and willing to help..

Wait so the cable thats a special cable right?
yes, so if someone in cali has a laptop with the support tool, they should be able to get you up and running.

nothing is wrong with your wiring. this happened to us and our buddy Hector uploaded the V1.39 software for us since i didn't have my laptop back then.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daym it I knew I should have still gotten that daym cable! Errr I mean it is special then? Cant just USB it to the Laptop?

So Come on someone around So cali has got to have Just the cable I can borrow for a min?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
robert, pm me - I got a the proper cable..

The cable greddy sells is one of those USB -> Special Chip -> Serial

The cable I have is

USB -> Special Chip -> USB..

I'll hookup my laptop to it and update your firmware.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Thanks NIVO88T..

RobertK swung by and we updated his firmware to 1.39.. Profec E-01 and E-Manage communicating now..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts