Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the wire diagrams on here that's not what i'm looking for.

I want to see how you guys ran your wiring and harness under
the hood so i can get some ideas on a really clean looking install.

Anybody have good pics?I searched and the best i found
was [email protected]'s but they really don't show much detail.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
i don't have a pic, but i can make it easy for your to see...

look under your engine at all the wires coming from the PCM back to the firewall. Mine are now in that loom and retaped just like the factory setup. Dodge has looked at the car twice now and never known it was there.

C

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Here are some pics from an E-01 install i did a couple months a go on Ke's (UAL_Kingpin) car.

I have plenty more. Tons of pics. Not all are uploaded to the web or resized though. Let me know what specifics you want to see and I can see if I can find any pics.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
Ill send you some pix of the setup when I send you your unit.

I have to take pix of my buddies car though. My install is not as clean being that it was th efirst one. The other ones came out looking like OEM installs.

IM in the process of doing a video of the install. WOnt hve that ready for you though.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
SY04SRT4 said:
Here are some pics from an E-01 install i did a couple months a go on Ke's (UAL_Kingpin) car.
Mount the pressure transducer in the vertical position per the install instructions. The boost will be more consistant that way. I learned that the hard way. :(

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
SRT-4 Neon said:
i don't have a pic, but i can make it easy for your to see...

look under your engine at all the wires coming from the PCM back to the firewall. Mine are now in that loom and retaped just like the factory setup. Dodge has looked at the car twice now and never known it was there.

C
I took mine to dodge for a squeaking belt from hell and i still have my warranty. Guess they did not notice the big hair dryer. :)

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
heheh...my dealer's service manager is clueless. the techs hate it when I hide things, they can't see what I'm doing...and funny how no matter what work I have done the car needs a test drive ;)

C

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exhaust Depot said:
Ill send you some pix of the setup when I send you your unit.

I have to take pix of my buddies car though. My install is not as clean being that it was th efirst one. The other ones came out looking like OEM installs.

IM in the process of doing a video of the install. WOnt hve that ready for you though.
That would be excellent. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SY04SRT4 said:

I have plenty more. Tons of pics. Not all are uploaded to the web or resized though. Let me know what specifics you want to see and I can see if I can find any pics.
Thanks man.Do you have a pic like the last two but with the pcm connectors
plugged back in?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Def...I'll upload them later tonight.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I I taped all the e01/emanage harness' together, put some wire loom around them and then ran them next to the factory ecu grommet.

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I8URVR6 said:
I I taped all the e01/emanage harness' together, put some wire loom around them and then ran them next to the factory ecu grommet.
Sounds like a plan.I just ordered my goodies Friday so i wasn't sure
how the harness would fit in since i have'nt saw it yet.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
Mount the pressure transducer in the vertical position per the install instructions. The boost will be more consistant that way. I learned that the hard way. :(

HUH? where does it say that?

I did read and followed even where it says to Mount the Connector faced downward but nada on the sensor needing to be?

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
robertk said:
HUH? where does it say that?

I did read and followed even where it says to Mount the Connector faced downward but nada on the sensor needing to be?

http://www.greddy.com/tech/PROFEC_E01.PDF

page 9 in the book, 10 in the pdf. just incase you didn't actually read the entire book the first tenthousand times like I Did ;)

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I read the book many times my self. The problem with the book is that the translation form jap to glish is off in alot of sections. Thats why some of it makes no sence. Take for example the software, when you go to export information from your puter to the emanage, it says Export data FROM main unit where it should say, "Export data TO main unit." I have found a couple of more errors on the eo1 also as far as TO FROM etc.

Think of it, does it really matter if the connector faces up or down? The only reason i can see it being faced down is so water does not get in it, but then again, it has a rubber grommet inside to protect it against moisture yet it says nothing about the boost solenoid connector being upside down. :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
I8URVR6 said:
http://www.greddy.com/tech/PROFEC_E01.PDF

page 9 in the book, 10 in the pdf. just incase you didn't actually read the entire book the first tenthousand times like I Did ;)

Yeah it must be in the translation then? Cause all I ever seen was "connector" not "sensor"? With there being so many cars in the US you would think Greddy would actually take some time and do a little for us over here..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts