Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a response from a dealer in Florida.

From "Potamkin Rivera Dodge"
Dear Karl,
This is Jose Jimenez I'm The Internet Manager at Planet Dodge. Thanks very much for your interest in the SRT-4. They are 20 that will be arriving at our dealership soon, and this special vehicle will be sold at MSRP: there is no negotiation, we have a list of customers who are on it, do you want to be in it. let me know.

You can reach me by replying to this e-mail I'm ready to sell are you ready to buy? get back with very soon with you answer.

Once again, Karl, thanks for your interest. I look forward to speaking with you soon.
I thought the dealerships were only getting 1 or 2? I'll have to check this place out. At least they aren't skyjacking the price.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I got an email response from my dealer in Tampa today saying Miami will be getting their SRT-4's this weekend!!! Then Tampa will get theirs next weekend. That was nice of him to offer up this info, especially since he didn't answer any of the questions I originally asked him...do they know what colors they are getting, and do they have VIN's or VON's on these cars yet. You know, since I'm dropping $20K at this dealership, you'd think they could answer a few simple questions! I know, I know...the closer this gets, the more irritable I get about the little things...I think I need a drink... :x

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm hoping that these will get distributed pretty quickly. :) If they can build 500 or so a week (I would be surprised at any less) they should be able to make all the '03s pretty quickly, no? :?
Give us non-floridian, non-californians something to hope for!

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Drink sounds yummy... either a nice spicy bloody mary or an Amberbock...

The plant is cranking them out, and has been since late december. They have a lot built and ready to be distributed. They'll spread quickly. I guess the ohio/michigan training won't be till late april, so i've got a while to wait :(

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
I got an email response from my dealer in Tampa today saying Miami will be getting their SRT-4's this weekend!!! Then Tampa will get theirs next weekend. That was nice of him to offer up this info, especially since he didn't answer any of the questions I originally asked him...do they know what colors they are getting, and do they have VIN's or VON's on these cars yet. You know, since I'm dropping $20K at this dealership, you'd think they could answer a few simple questions! I know, I know...the closer this gets, the more irritable I get about the little things...I think I need a drink... :x
Which Tampa dealer did you hear this from???

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
ohyeahwright said:
I got an email response from my dealer in Tampa today saying Miami will be getting their SRT-4's this weekend!!! Then Tampa will get theirs next weekend.
I haven't been home yet, so I assume there will be an email waiting for me too. Didn't I say they'd arrive the weekend I'm out of town? I'm about ready to cancel the Valentines trip with my g/f, just in case they come in that weekend. :twisted: If I did that, I'd never hear the end of it and I'd probably be single again after that. I've gotta get my priorities straight. :lol: It's about 5:25 pm here and happy hour is starting to sound really good.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Grunge said:
ohyeahwright said:
I got an email response from my dealer in Tampa today saying Miami will be getting their SRT-4's this weekend!!! Then Tampa will get theirs next weekend.
It's about 5:25 pm here and happy hour is starting to sound really good.
Happy hour starts when we get the call to come pick up the Riiiiiiiiiiide! 8)

·
Registered
726 Posts
Terminator asks "Which Tampa dealer did you hear this from???"

Jerry Ulm

Grunge said:
I haven't been home yet, so I assume there will be an email waiting for me too. Didn't I say they'd arrive the weekend I'm out of town? I'm about ready to cancel the Valentines trip with my g/f, just in case they come in that weekend. :twisted: If I did that, I'd never hear the end of it and I'd probably be single again after that. I've gotta get my priorities straight. :lol: It's about 5:25 pm here and happy hour is starting to sound really good.
You're right...if you cancel with your gf, you prolly will end up single! LOL

There may or may not be an email for you...I wrote to them today to find out if they had color info and a VIN/VON yet (they ignored both questions) and he wrote me back with this...

"I talked to the Chrysler dm a few days ago . He said the Miami launch
is this weekend and ours is the following. I am hoping they arrive
before the launch so we will be ready. I am already seeing other spec models arriving daily like the Dodge Sprinter that is new to our line up so
about 6 times a day I walk to the back aka inbound unloading area to see
if they arrived yet. As soon and I mean the very minute they arrive I
will Call and e-mail you so we can set the arrangements on the model you
want. Thank You for your patience."

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Maybe dodge is using the daytona 500 as a launch venue, might explain the wait..

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Well, I didn't receive an email, so I guess I better call and harass them. I don't want them to forget me when they arrive. I almost want to give them my work number just in case. I could always catch the mid-day flu or something. Well, here's hoping they arrive next weekend.

·
Registered
726 Posts
ebbtide said:
Maybe dodge is using the daytona 500 as a launch venue, might explain the wait..
I guess that would make sense for the east coast of FL, but I wonder what effect that would have on the rollout for the rest of the state? I mean, Daytona's at the opposite end of I-4 from Tampa and hella far from Miami. It's one loooooooong state.

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Alright, here's an email I got in response after sending them an email (Jerry Ulm)...

Dan,
This is the actual story on the srt4 model. As from the Orlando zone
dm.
The Miami launch is this weekend coming up in two days ( meaning they
SHOULD have the model for there launch of the product ) . Are launch
( being a class e dealer in Tampa ) is the following weekend (
meaning we should have the models by then )
Only srt certified dealers will be receiving the srt 4 models and
will be able to sell them.
I am anticipating the model to arrive any day though for are launch ,
but since these models are pre-spec I have no way of knowing exactly
where they are. As far as taking a deposit we are sold out of our
pre-spec units at this time , If a back out occurs and if you would
like I will notify you as soon as they come to our lot.
Mark Silver
=======
-Mark Silver
Internet Director

Ok, well I'm dealing with Plaza Dodge right now who are also a 5 star dealer and my dealer himself went to the training class...so does that mean that he will also be getting srts in?? I sure as hell hope so, cause I'm the first on his waiting list, but he hasn't mentioned anything about getting the srts next weekend...sigh...

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Ahhh, update to that last post, I just called Plaza Dodge and my dealer said the same thing, they're pre-spec vehicles and they're getting them in next weekend or next week soemtime, he said every monday his inventory is updated and he'll be able to find out which color the cars are (he said he's pretty sure one of them is yellow :D :D :D ) so looks like we'll be getting our cars in a week!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
5,247 Posts
Well, now that two different sources are saying the same thing, I think they might actually arrive next weekend. :D Okay, this is my last post until they arrive. I'm too excited to post anything informative.

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
Grunge said:
Well, now that two different sources are saying the same thing, I think they might actually arrive next weekend. :D Okay, this is my last post until they arrive. I'm too excited to post anything informative.
I'll post something for ya! Yippppppppppppppppie :D :D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts