Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about adding an electric exhaust cutout to my 2.5 inch piping. I would probably do a 3 inch O2, Down pipe and whatever other 3 inch piping needed up to the cutout. Then leave the existing 2.5 inch piping the rest of the way. I assume it would give me the same power as a full 3 inch exhaust while open and Still sound reasonable when closed. I‘m guessing a full 3 inch will be loud all the time And maybe cost more. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
i run one
sounds like stock closed.. when get pulled over for loud car, "officer its a stock exhaust"
the e-cutouts break often, i run a mechanical

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
93 Posts
I am thinking about adding an electric exhaust cutout to my 2.5 inch piping. I would probably do a 3 inch O2, Down pipe and whatever other 3 inch piping needed up to the cutout. Then leave the existing 2.5 inch piping the rest of the way. I assume it would give me the same power as a full 3 inch exhaust while open and Still sound reasonable when closed. I‘m guessing a full 3 inch will be loud all the time And maybe cost more. Any thoughts?
Hi, just picked up an srt4, & it came w alot of xtra parts.. I have one of these setups that I'm selling, the downpipe, the fat straight pipe w capped cutout, and the electronic piece.. If your interested..?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, just picked up an srt4, & it came w alot of xtra parts.. I have one of these setups that I'm selling, the downpipe, the fat straight pipe w capped cutout, and the electronic piece.. If your interested..?
Thanks for the offer but my budget does not have anymore car mods this year. Maybe in the spring if you still have anything.

·
Registered
499 Posts
My budget is flexible and value based. I have a bit less time than money to spend on the car and I don't mind paying more for the right part, but don't intend on paying a premium for used parts either.

Looks like an MPx downpipe with electric cutout? Possibly a 3" O2 housing? What's the AGP sticker from?

If I'm correct, I could by them all brand new for ~$550. What do you think they are worth now?

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
93 Posts
My budget is flexible and value based. I have a bit less time than money to spend on the car and I don't mind paying more for the right part, but don't intend on paying a premium for used parts either.

Looks like an MPx downpipe with electric cutout? Possibly a 3" O2 housing? What's the AGP sticker from?

If I'm correct, I could by them all brand new for ~$550. What do you think they are worth now?
AGP is the upper hard pipe!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this from 3 months ago, but so more insight on your parts. The long exhaust piece is a needs wings downpipe. It looks like they longer sell it with the cut out on the pipe itself. Be wary if you want to install another exhaust to this setup.
The pipe measures 3" all the way to the end where it reduces down to 2.25" to accommodate both the stock and mopar/borla exhaust cat-back only.

I enjoy the cut out and you can really hear the turbo whistling.

If I were to do this again, I would go the MPX 3 inch all the way to the back. :)

·
Registered
04 dodge srt4 stage1
93 Posts
The long pipe w the cutout is a CanAm Exhaust piece.. mine still has the orig factory exhaust & it's still in good shape.. it's also my daily driver, & I dont want it that loud. . Although I'm sure it would sound sick!

☆Its all still for sale!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.