Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Most likely the top nut isn't completely tight or the three smaller nuts aren't tight. The top nut has to be tightened all the way down until it doesn't turn any more or else the shaft will move around. (Not super tight, but just keep tightening it until it stops being easy to turn, and give it just one more nudge after that. Make sure you are holding the shaft too or else you won't make any progress.)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm getting that same problem, but it was occuring stock too. I've the eibach springs in and even have aftermarket struts and get the same clunk on the front right side. I was thinking it must be something else on that side.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
someone please help...im still having the same problem...i have double checked all the bolts on the struts...and have went to an aftermaket shocks and im still get that stupit CLUNK when driving at slow speeds over small bumps like a speed bump...my friend has a 2002 eclipes and he has the SAME problem he also has eibach springs....someone on this site im sure has the knowledge to slove this problem for me and dback111.......HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im GOING INSANE :bangit:

·
Premium Member
9,893 Posts
it's not the spring but maybe the installation itself. we had them and had a clunk but only in the rear right. It so happened that the rear endlinks were hitting the strut housing on hard bumps.The rear endlink pivots forward and towards the strut housing. that is the reason why people switch to shorter end link s on the rear sway bar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.