Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My understanding is these springs lower the car about 2" from stock. I picked up a like-new set for under $100 on ebay, and they normally retail for $249 these days. So I thought I was getting a good deal, until I realized I could not run this with stock (especially used) Mopar SRT-4 struts or it would ride like hell!

The strut options are extremely limited here in 2022, being basically Mopar stock or Koni inserts, or pony up big $ for BC coils. Tokico is out of business and any remaining Illumina stock at online sellers is high dollar also.

I'm looking for a streetable, good looking height and I have seen the height the car sits on these springs, I think the height looks perfect and the car should have come from the factory at least 1.5" lower. I may take the car to the track a few times after I finish the build, but it will mostly be summer pleasure / street driving.

I have been looking at doing the Koni inserts, as pretty much the only performance street option. Redline360 offers a set of 2 fronts and 2 rear inserts for around $550 + shipping. Has anyone tried this combo or think this would work okay? I really don't care for coils as I don't want to dink around with changing the height all the time and being slightly off on each quarter... would prefer to 'set it and forget it' which is why I got the springs.

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
I once had Eibach springs on my SRT-4.
Horrible experience.
Basically, Eibach springs were made for a regular Neon.
When installed on a heavier SRT-4, they were too soft.
So bottoming out on every single little bump.
And then blown struts.

Do yourself a favor and get Mopar Stage 1 Springs.

·
Registered
2005 Neon SRT4
23 Posts
Yea, if you're already looking at $550 + shipping I'd agree with AlmightyFork and just spring for the BC's. I have them and have been very pleased. Came in at around $1,100 shipped.

I thought I wanted it a certain height. Had a miserable experience with driveways, potholes, etc. Raised it in under an hour. Then had another issue come up where I needed to make it up a ramp, and raised them again. Will lower them back when I'm ready to make it to the track/show off. It's really nice to be able to alter it so easily (not to mention hard/soft adjustment, camber, etc.).

Also, not to sound like an advertisement, but Fitment offered them at no interest if made within 3 payments through Affirm, which is what I chose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys. I ended up buying the Koni’s. Hopefully they’re alright, if not I’ll sell them and get BC coils. Immediately after I bought them the website updated their price to $650. So, everything is going up. Will update this thread once I have them on the car and provide feedback how they ride with sportline springs. Going to be quite awhile as I’m having issues with my truck.

I suspect I’ll have to crank the damping all the way up to compensate for weaker springs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm running Mopar stage one springs with Koni inserts. I think you'll like the inserts as they are adjustable. When you install them into the old strut bodies follow the instructions very carefully. I saw a thread on here that said something to the effect that you only have to cut off a very small portion. That is incorrect you will need to cut off about an inch to an inch and a half off the strut body. I used a large pipe cuter. But if I did it again I'd used an angle grinder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts