Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 if that matters.

Alot of people I have talked to said they needed to jack the car up to get to the bottom PCM bolt off. I really would hate to ahve to do that because I only have the jack that came with the car, and my ass isnt trusting that with my face under the car.

Is there any other way? Pwease...

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
En-Glaived said:
I have an 04 if that matters.

Alot of people I have talked to said they needed to jack the car up to get to the bottom PCM bolt off. I really would hate to ahve to do that because I only have the jack that came with the car, and my ass isnt trusting that with my face under the car.

Is there any other way? Pwease...
There are 2 bolts on the bottom. Just lay on the ground and move the wire loom to the top of the bolt with your hand, you can move it enough without disconnecting it to get a socket on it.

My car is lowered and I didnt need to jack the car up.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
i got all the bolts off from the top. i think i had the air box removed though. don't remember. it's bin in and out bout 6 times so i forget. but i do know it was way easier to do it from the bottom.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bleh, I guess i will borrow some jack stands... I am doing my STS at the same time, so my battery/intake will be out anyways, so maybe I can get to it from the top. Damn, anyone got a picture of the PCm bracket on/off the car so I can see what the bolts look like?

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
check the how to's on a girl doing a stage 1 install. has pics there.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did, but it doesnt say where the bolts are or how to get to them =(
Dohness.

·
Registered
7,982 Posts
Just feel for them man...just like you feel the hole....:lol:
Seriously REMOVe the dumb ass airbox, and you will have real easy access. You can see the bolts from the top, and know how to rmeove them.

Also the bolts attaching to the PCM are threaded, so just put a lil pressure. You will notice the PCM isnt threaded.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
yeah i just layed down on the ground and moved the wire loom out of the way. it helped to have a 10mm extension socket. only thing was i didn't have a torque wrench, so i just made them "snug."

when i was putting the bracket onto the new pcm, it made an awful stripping sound. must be the threading action working. but finally got it on. have fun aligning the bracket back in...had to use the help of a hammer for that one

1 - 8 of 8 Posts