Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my E1 used, didn't have anything wrong with it when I put it on. I've had it on my car for about 60k. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it, but I was just wondering when you guys recommend getting a rebuild for your turbos, what all is replaced, and how much is it?

Thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would think that if you're not having problems with it to just hold off on the rebuild until you NEED to rebuild it. It might go out for a rebuild and Ohoh they didn't do such a good job and it needs to get sent out again. I have no experience with having turbos rebuilt but i had a re-manufactured turbo of mine last less than 3k miles before it started pouring oil into my exhaust manifold. 2¢

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would much rather the FM guys chime in, especially since you have no experience with turbo rebuilds. This isn't my first rodeo with a turbo, and I know different companies/manufacturers have different guidelines when it comes to rebuilding them. Besides, I would much rather get it done before something goes wrong than to have something go wrong and it end up messing something else up, i.e. compressor fins in the engine. Plus if I send it to them and they say that it doesn't need a rebuild, then it will have at least been inspected.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, but say I did send it to you guys just to get checked and the turbine and compressor fins were fine, what would you guys charge to replace the bearing and rebalance the assembly? I'm usually not one to wait until something breaks, that's why they call it preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
97 Posts
PM sent

Ok, but say I did send it to you guys just to get checked and the turbine and compressor fins were fine, what would you guys charge to replace the bearing and rebalance the assembly? I'm usually not one to wait until something breaks, that's why they call it preventative maintenance.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We don't presently have any compressor wheels for that turbo. So there's no need to open it up if it seems to be performing fine. Once you start to see a little oil smoke from the tailpipe, at hot idle, we might need to talk. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Do you guys foresee getting anymore compressor wheels or is the e1 and e2 pretty much done?

·
Fresh Meat Moderator
16,395 Posts
So lets just say my E1 started going and it needs a wheel........ is there anything in the works for maybe a slightly larger wheel? Or something close to the wheel you guys put in the E1?

·
Registered
97 Posts
So lets just say my E1 started going and it needs a wheel........ is there anything in the works for maybe a slightly larger wheel? Or something close to the wheel you guys put in the E1?
There's no other compressor wheel out there at this time that I'd recommend for this turbo. There's nothing new in the works for it's replacement. The market and the margin is to small to consider it.
Many of the Mishu turbo parts have been dropped or have doubled in price over the past year.

·
Fresh Meat Moderator
16,395 Posts
So im screwed if it happens lol

But since I know I have the best BWS made Im sure it will be fine for a long while :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts