Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i dynoed my car saturday and it made me pretty happy

1st pull was @ 15lbs

WHP 238
TQ 257

2nd pull i reset pcm and uped the boost to 17lb

WHP 255
TQ 280

So with two lbs it jumped that much was pretty impressed didnt do a third run ran outta time.

Tell me what you guys think with mods in the Sig. thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
i personally think you sould of gotten more.. i have read ppl with less mods then in ur sig have been doing about the same.. did u check for leaks before you dynoed it??

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
i was wondering...do u guys reset ur pcm once in a while but taking out the negative ffor about 10 min....just to regain any power.....is it necessary to do?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I reset my pcm just unplugged the yellow fuse above the blue one and left it out for about 3 mins then put it back in.

And I think the numbers were a little low also but i didnt want to over do the boost without having any fuel mods yet. but over all i am happy No i didnt check for leaks either hopefully no leaks :stab:

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Dyno's aren't always acurate. I think if you had a stock dyno you could see how much you gained with your mods.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I know my buddy just dynoed today and with only a K&N cold air, AGP wastegate 17lbs - 15 lbs at redline, and a BDJ's dump. Had 298whp/320wtq. I about shit when i heard that. And I was right at his back door with only a wastegate at 17lbs. I think my cars a factory freak though.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea haha it was also on a mustang dyno not sure if it even matters though. the only thing that i think is that when i pulled it after driving 45mins to the shop i hoped right up on the dyno and went for it then let it cool down for about 10 mins and right back at it.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
Oflats2185 said:
I reset my pcm just unplugged the yellow fuse above the blue one and left it out for about 3 mins then put it back in.

And I think the numbers were a little low also but i didnt want to over do the boost without having any fuel mods yet. but over all i am happy No i didnt check for leaks either hopefully no leaks :stab:

I am sure you have a leak. I put a UPP on my friends 3 month old 05 and his clamps were FINGER tight. PM dasmopar if you need a leak tester i am pretty sure he will be selling them soon.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
srt21 said:
mustang dynos throw out lower numbers....
Do they really? so you mean i have more horses?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
that's probably your problem. I dynoed 256whp and 308wtq when i had an agp wga at 19to15, mapclamp, cca direct fit IC, and a short ram injen intake. your #'s do seam a lil low. I would boost leak test it and if you have no leaks, then find a dynojet.

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
well i think you guys are using dyno's for the wrong reason if your that worried about numbers.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
IMO its pretty hard to say that he has a boost leak with NO graph to look at and just the dyno numbers, which are more than likely lower than most peoples dynojet numebrs posted on here. Why is it that almost everytime someone has low dyno numbers, someone screams "boost leak". i guess this boost leak thing must be srt specific....cause in evo and wrx land nobody blames their low numbers on boost leaks, and "we" dont have boost leak testers in our garage.

for the most part, mustang dynos read lower than dynojets.

those numbers look PERFECTLY normal. 255*1.12( average dynojet correction factor) = 285whp:thumbsup: 280*1.12= 313wtrq

oh hell, while Im at it.....lets dyno race...you should be able to run [email protected]:eveilgrin

but hey, dont take my word for it.......go dyno on a dynojet & then do a boost leak test ASAP:lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
dam wish i had more power.. 03 with just with mopar sneezer and a cone filter on stock piping i get 200h.p with 234tq. on a mustang dyno..
installed st1 inj. with 04 pcm. i hope i get to something higher.. i know i have a major boost leak.. wheeeeeek.

·
Registered
5,965 Posts
BlackWidow said:
I know my buddy just dynoed today and with only a K&N cold air, AGP wastegate 17lbs - 15 lbs at redline, and a BDJ's dump. Had 298whp/320wtq. I about shit when i heard that. And I was right at his back door with only a wastegate at 17lbs. I think my cars a factory freak though.
that 298whp/32-wtq is just the spike :lol: And if it IS running like that, that should be lean as hell with no fuel management.

·
Premium Member
4,568 Posts
srT4URBO said:
i was wondering...do u guys reset ur pcm once in a while but taking out the negative ffor about 10 min....just to regain any power.....is it necessary to do?
no...

Oflats2185 said:
yea haha it was also on a mustang dyno not sure if it even matters though. the only thing that i think is that when i pulled it after driving 45mins to the shop i hoped right up on the dyno and went for it then let it cool down for about 10 mins and right back at it.
yes it makes a difference in #s only...they'll be lower

Oflats2185 said:
Do they really? so you mean i have more horses?
yes

dansrt4 said:
well i think you guys are using dyno's for the wrong reason if your that worried about numbers.
...thank you someone with a brain :)

·
Registered
212 Posts
srT4URBO said:
if you are running higher than stock boost on stage 0, stock wga and without a map clamp, the pcm will detect this and slowly bring the boost back down to stock.

By pulling that yellow fuse, you are resetting the pcm, which gives you your higher than stock boost pressure for a little while, until the pcm brings it back down again.

Most people just pull the fuse for a few seconds...I, on the other hand, wired in that fuse to an ignition power source...so everytime i shut the car off, it resets the pcm by taking the 12v power source away from the fuse :thumbsup: works beautifully

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my dyno graph looked like a steps on the side of a mountain it was weird.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts