Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just got back from dynoing my car and was very impressed with the numbers for being bone stock 223.88 HP/239.14 TQ.They have a nice setup and cool facility,plus the price is great 29.99 for 3 pulls. I am thinking about going back for their dyno day on sep 18-19 anyone else thinking about going?So what are anyone elses stock dyno numbers am i low high or about the same,lemme know please.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an 04 with 2399 miles on it.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
i might be interested, where is this place?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its 12903 NE Airport way Portland OR,right across the I-205 bridge they are having a huge dyno day event on the 18-19th of Sept.I think inzanesrt has a thread about it

·
Registered
528 Posts
plz explain procedure for a newbie

My SRT4 is the first performance car I've owned so my knowledge base is slim in this area. Can you describe / explain the procedure for me. Please. Cynthia

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The type of dyno that was used was an in ground chassis dyno(2 or 4 wheel)this was a 2 wheel dyno.There are 2 giant rollers sticking out of the ground and you drive your car on to it with the drive wheels resting on top of the rollers you strap the car down so it will not move usually straps holding the front and rear with wheel blocks.Then you start the car and start going through the gears getting the rollers spinning i used 3rd gear for my run.I was in thrird gear and held it a 2000rpm and the technician said he was ready i put her to the floor and reved all the way to 6000rpm then let off the gas and put in the clutch and let the wheels coast to a stop.What you are doing is having the rollers measure how much force you are putting to the ground I.E HP/TQ there is a computer hooked up to the rollers and it measures all the info and calculates the numbers i did it 3 times to get a good baseline for my car.The numbers i got represent how much HP and TQ i am putting out at the wheels.Dodge rates the car at 230HP and 250TQ so i am happy with my runs because i am not losing very much power through the gearbox. I hope i was able to explain it ok,even though i was a bit longwinded :lol:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Spectere said:
The type of dyno that was used was an in ground chassis dyno(2 or 4 wheel)this was a 2 wheel dyno.There are 2 giant rollers sticking out of the ground and you drive your car on to it with the drive wheels resting on top of the rollers you strap the car down so it will not move usually straps holding the front and rear with wheel blocks.Then you start the car and start going through the gears getting the rollers spinning i used 3rd gear for my run.I was in thrird gear and held it a 2000rpm and the technician said he was ready i put her to the floor and reved all the way to 6000rpm then let off the gas and put in the clutch and let the wheels coast to a stop.What you are doing is having the rollers measure how much force you are putting to the ground I.E HP/TQ there is a computer hooked up to the rollers and it measures all the info and calculates the numbers i did it 3 times to get a good baseline for my car.The numbers i got represent how much HP and TQ i am putting out at the wheels.Dodge rates the car at 230HP and 250TQ so i am happy with my runs because i am not losing very much power through the gearbox. I hope i was able to explain it ok,even though i was a bit longwinded :lol:

Good description of procedure...is it diagnostic? Something I might want to do before my warrantee is up?, make sure I'm getting the power I should be getting? Or is there a different purpose? C.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I used it to get baseline figures before i did any mods to my car and then when i install the mods i will put it back on the dyno and see what kind of gains i achieved with the new parts.I wouldnt call it a diagnostic it just measures the performance you are able to put to the ground. They have a air/fuel measuring device that is in the exhaust and a sensor that picks up engine rpm and links it all to a computer with a special program to get all your performance numbers.Check out tourquefreaks.com it has a picture and a description of their operation,good bunch of people.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts