Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dynoed my car today first time I have ever dynoed anything. Well I can say very freakin impressive! Dynoed 276whp and 310ftlbs. WOW!! AFR'S NEVER WENT PASSED 12.

MODS:
stg0
3" TURBO BACK EXAHUST
3" DOWNPIPE
FORWARD MOTION WGA SPIKEING 19.5 AND FALLING
XS POWER FRONT MOUNT
MOPAR BOV
MOPAR CAI
NGK PLUGS GAPED AT .035

I THINK THATS IT! MANY MANY MORE MODS COMING IN MAIL WAITING FOR INSTALL! JUST WANTED TO GET A BASE LINE RUN. WILL HAVE DYNO SHEET UP SOON TO PROVE IT!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,277 Posts
Nice:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
illstate said:
I thought you cant go past 18 pounds on stock fuel? nice numbers though
Yea whats up with that?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,134 Posts
u can do and get away with it with out throwin a code especially if u drop below 17 psi or old 17 till redline... if he was to only spike 17 or 18 his air fuels would probably be in the 10 or low 11 most of the time
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
901 Posts
JdM2UsDm said:
u can do and get away with it with out throwin a code especially if u drop below 17 psi or old 17 till redline... if he was to only spike 17 or 18 his air fuels would probably be in the 10 or low 11 most of the time
Did you even read his post?"FORWARD MOTION WGA SPIKEING 19.5 AND FALLING"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,939 Posts
You can spike that high on the fuel system no problem, as long as you're around 15ish at redline you should be fine on fuel. The question I have is how are you not pulling timing without a fuel computer or piggyback? Can you post up a pic of your dyno sheet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,721 Posts
That is some insane power for the modlist. I'm suprized your not getting your timing yanked out on you with that high of a spike without a piggyback like cruiser said.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Na car runs damn strong! It spikes 19 and falls to 15 at redline. I got plenty of more goodies on the way for fuel and piggyback. So I will be alright. It pulls strong as hell! I was amazed! I throw a code everynow and then. NO code thrown when ran on dyno though!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Have dyno sheet later tonight!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,527 Posts
Turbocruiser13 said:
You can spike that high on the fuel system no problem, as long as you're around 15ish at redline you should be fine on fuel. The question I have is how are you not pulling timing without a fuel computer or piggyback? Can you post up a pic of your dyno sheet?
You can get away with boosting that high without a fuel controller easily. Just because you go past the stock 18.5 Map sensor reading doesn't mean it automatically pulls timing. You have to be knocking for it to pull any timing. Even then, I don't believe it ever does. I get knock but my timing stays pretty high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,162 Posts
Welcome to missinformation central..I have spiked 20 falling to 15 in the warm weather and never got out of the 10's on the A/F gauge, but didn't seem any faster than at 17 or 18 spike. To get my wideband into the mid 11's I have to clamp at like 12 or 13psi, according to my scan gauge. In the cold everything changes several points.
Nice numbers!! How much HP at redline? I wonder what it would have done clamped? All that power with an Ebay Intercooler, must have been a generous dyno operator.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey why do I have to lie to make myself looks good. I'm a striaght up forward guy. I will post up my dyno tonight!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
MAD knock and def pullin timing...20 psi spike even without 20 to rediline is gonna pull timing...number look to high for ur mods...lets see the dyno sheet...what kind of dyno was it on?? I bet ur power curve isnt too pretty....How much hp at redline? Awsome #'s tho..i have same set up and NEVER would have thought id be pushin 270!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,527 Posts
Madrex said:
Welcome to missinformation central..I have spiked 20 falling to 15 in the warm weather and never got out of the 10's on the A/F gauge, but didn't seem any faster than at 17 or 18 spike. To get my wideband into the mid 11's I have to clamp at like 12 or 13psi, according to my scan gauge. In the cold everything changes several points.
Nice numbers!! How much HP at redline? I wonder what it would have done clamped? All that power with an Ebay Intercooler, must have been a generous dyno operator.
Misinformation? Are you referring to me? Tell me how the computer is going to know you boost past 18.5 psi if it can only see that high. Anything over that it still only reas 18.5. The ONLY reason you're pulling timing is because your not getting proper timing and fuel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,162 Posts
OrAnGe-SrT4 said:
Madrex said:
Welcome to missinformation central..I have spiked 20 falling to 15 in the warm weather and never got out of the 10's on the A/F gauge, but didn't seem any faster than at 17 or 18 spike. To get my wideband into the mid 11's I have to clamp at like 12 or 13psi, according to my scan gauge. In the cold everything changes several points.
Nice numbers!! How much HP at redline? I wonder what it would have done clamped? All that power with an Ebay Intercooler, must have been a generous dyno operator.
Misinformation? Are you referring to me? Tell me how the computer is going to know you boost past 18.5 psi if it can only see that high. Anything over that it still only reas 18.5. The ONLY reason you're pulling timing is because your not getting proper timing and fuel.
I wasn't refering to your post. I know what the map will read. I have a scan gauge and have enough ability to convert inches of Mercury to PSI or bar. I was refering to the fact that a lot of people say that you can't boost 18psi without going lean. Which I have found to be incorrect on my car, depending on the weather conditions. I would have to put out there that the measurement was taken with the stock boost gauge that may be slightly inaccurate.
"The ONLY reason you're pulling timing is because your not getting proper timing and fuel." Not sure what that statement means.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,527 Posts
Madrex said:
OrAnGe-SrT4 said:
Madrex said:
Welcome to missinformation central..I have spiked 20 falling to 15 in the warm weather and never got out of the 10's on the A/F gauge, but didn't seem any faster than at 17 or 18 spike. To get my wideband into the mid 11's I have to clamp at like 12 or 13psi, according to my scan gauge. In the cold everything changes several points.
Nice numbers!! How much HP at redline? I wonder what it would have done clamped? All that power with an Ebay Intercooler, must have been a generous dyno operator.
Misinformation? Are you referring to me? Tell me how the computer is going to know you boost past 18.5 psi if it can only see that high. Anything over that it still only reas 18.5. The ONLY reason you're pulling timing is because your not getting proper timing and fuel.
I wasn't refering to your post. I know what the map will read. I have a scan gauge and have enough ability to convert inches of Mercury to PSI or bar. I was refering to the fact that a lot of people say that you can't boost 18psi without going lean. Which I have found to be incorrect on my car, depending on the weather conditions. I would have to put out there that the measurement was taken with the stock boost gauge that may be slightly inaccurate.
"The ONLY reason you're pulling timing is because your not getting proper timing and fuel." Not sure what that statement means.
Ok I just assumed wrongly on your post. I thought you were referring to me, sorry.

What I ment by my statement is running above 18.5 psi is going to give you inaccurate timing advance and fuel delivery sinec it can only give you the proper amount up to 18.5. You'll be running more timing on higher boost which isn't a good thing and the same with fuel delivery.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top