Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went over to torque freaks Friday and took advantage of there Dyno special!!
249hp and 277 tq and the air fuel was way way rich. That pull the graph starts at 4000 rpms and the tq #s are on the way down. My seconded pull the peak tq was at 297 at 3200!
My mod’s are pretty modest, Stage 1, cheep shucks 3inch air filter in the stock air box, spring mod and my own adjustable bleed.
Since the install of the stage 1 the boost has had a huge spike and wasn’t holing boost vary well, On the dyno it would spike to around 22 and then would fall as rpm’s would come up. By 6000 it was down to 14 lbs. All and all it was a great experience.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yup, I also just dyno'd the freshly-installed S1 on Saturday @ Axiom, 302hp and 326 tq. Okay, okay, so those are the flywheel #'s. The @ the ground HP was 260, 276 tq. In my idiotic defense, I had 87 octane. Why did I use 87 in a turbo car?

1) it's an American car, so I can get away with it
2) the manual says 87 is fine, but performance will suffer
3) I had a lot of miscellaneous driving to do, didn't want to waste the extra $$$
4) I didn't make the dyno appointment until after going to the gas station.

Sneaky, are you still running the stock wga? I'm guessing that w/ spring mod you are, but I have had good luck holding boost w/ an aftermarket (well, okay, Mopar S2) wg. My PSI was 17.89 @ 2492 rpm, and it fell smoothly to 13.48 @ 6000 rpm w/ no spikes. Also, do you have a baseline #? I'd be interested to see how much diff S1 got you. Mine was +34.7 hp, +28 tq w/ S1 + exhaust + S2 wga. ( - 87 octane)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts