Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is a link to the dyno numbers everybody has been asking for:

If the link doesn't load the first time, just click refresh !!

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/blackcat/dyno.htm

Numbers came out like this:

220.4 hp
247.2 torque

·
Super Moderator
6,317 Posts
RUgoinup said:
81 degrees on Sat, I'm predicting 220 HP! BTW, the new pictures ROCK!
Ms. Chloe aint got nothin on me 8) ! Very good # Rap :D !

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Crank?

So for all you Dyno experts what do you think the Crank HP and Torque are? So I can tell everyone those numbers so it sounds even better than it already is. I can't wait to see the Import boards light up after this. "Ya I call BS cause it's only a Neon. No way can a Dumbestic pull that hard. It doesn't even have V-tech Powerz." Dodge rocked this one by under rating very, very smart. It almost makes up for the wait. Not. :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Cool

Are we even going to see the car or just the lights shinning off your teeth in the big smirk on your face. :lol: Man I can hear the cries of rice burners everywhere.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The standard factor is a 20% parasitic loss from the drive train. That would make this motor 264.48 HP at the crank and 296.64 lb ft of torque

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Definetely no BS, cause I was there :D , I would have ran my SRt but I only had $17, lol :lol: :oops: , I wonder if mine might have a little more hp and torque though since I have about 1,100 miles now and I think you had about 750 or so right Rapter?? I am noticing my exhaust gets louder and louder, muahaha :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
PB Pod said:
The standard factor is a 20% parasitic loss from the drive train. That would make this motor 264.48 HP at the crank and 296.64 lb ft of torque
Maybe that's standard if you have a shitty Auto tranny. With a manual it's more like 15% at most

·
Registered
867 Posts
Dyno

Very, very nice. Dyno it with about 5K on it and it should do very nicely. Here's some questions.
For your warrenty, are there any manditory service department visits that you have to put the car thru? What oil does the manual say to use. I know alot about oil and I was just wondering what D.C. has to say about it and the SRT.

-James

·
Premium Member
6,649 Posts
Re: Dyno

Acidryno said:
Very, very nice. Dyno it with about 5K on it and it should do very nicely. Here's some questions.
For your warrenty, are there any manditory service department visits that you have to put the car thru? What oil does the manual say to use. I know alot about oil and I was just wondering what D.C. has to say about it and the SRT.

-James
Ask and you shall recieve
http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1700&highlight=synthetic#1700

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
:roll: :roll: well it looks like you got a ringer, just like SCC got.

finally shut up all those "SCC got a ringer" assholes. congratulations, it will only get better. are you going to get any of the mopar stages? if so do a baseline dyno run before, and then get one right after.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Acidryno said:
14.7 is barametric Stochametric air to fuel ratio
But, yes I was thinking the samething.
stoichiometric :p

forgot to ask, was there a fan on the intercooler, or on the engine? need to do it again and get a water sprayer and spray the intercooler while you are getting a run. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The AF numbers may be due to an issue with the MAP sensor. The dealer has ordered a replacement, should be in a couple of days. Go here for details:

http://www.srtforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=352

They were using a small fan about 4-5 feet in front of the car. Didn't want to spray the intercooler, wanted "real" numbers similar to street conditions.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
RaptorRed said:
They were using a small fan about 4-5 feet in front of the car. Didn't want to spray the intercooler, wanted "real" numbers similar to street conditions.[/b]
thats fine to get real numbers, but you should also do a run like that to see how much of an increase there is with a sprayer, so people can decide if it will be worth it to go that route.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
15 Participants
NeonDan
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing