MSD Coil Pack
MSD 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires
NGK Iridium X Plugs

Will Post Dyno Sheet Soon
I Think I Need A Stage 1 PCM To Get Around The Fuel Cut

·
Registered
110 Posts
Pretty general question but I just want to see what horsepower and torque some of you guy's believe I can create in less that a month when I go get my car dyno'd.

My mod's are in my signature. I am now also running a boomba fuel rail and JMB fuel return line. My AFR is 11.5 at WOT. I'm estimating around 400whp & 430 ft/lb's at 20-21psi of boost. What would some of you generally say at 23,24,25,25+lb's. What is the most I should want to run. I'm running an SCT programmer which is pretty conservative. I'm running a stock motor and head. Should 450whp be really the most I want to run "Generally" ???

·
Registered
510 Posts
2003 srt4. AEM cai. NGK one step colder plugs. MSD wires. FM wga. Stage 1 injectors. Diablosport Predator with three tunes. 1st graph is without predator at all. 2nd graph is perf93oct tune, and 3rd graph is custom tune ragetek made me. Ignore the boost graph at the bottom, they hooked their boost reader to my wga.

This is the stock pulls. (spike 15, hold 12)
(something happened to the image) 255whp/272wtq

This is the perf93oct tune pulls. (spike 15 and hold 15)
(something happened to the image) 271whp/300wtq

This is the the custom tune pulls. (spike 15 and hold 15)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Found an old graph from 2007. I couldn't find mine from 2009 where it dyno'd 660 then later 738 on nitrous. This graph was when it had a GT40 standard bearing and option b motor. All other supporting mods.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Big disappointment today! Max power 198 and max torque 278 With AFR at 12-10 range . Previous owner got 301 and 396 And AFR at 13. Boost each time spiked at 19 at peak power.
Rectangle Slope Schematic Font Parallel
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Symmetry

·
Registered
175 Posts
Power under stock levels? Time for a boost leak and compression test.
I think I found the problem. I just did some tuning changes with the Diablo tuner and holy crap, massive difference! I think maybe somehow it got changed to the stock 87 octane tune when I tried to use it the first time but failed. The test drive today after the changes in boost, fuel and timing resulted in massive wheel spin in 1st and second and good chirp in 3rd. I also changed the fans to come on at lower temps so between that and the 180 thermostat it is running 175-185.

·
Registered
175 Posts
not sure now. It is way better but after messing with it more, the boost seems to spike at 15 dropping to 12. I really don’t know what I should be doing with the tuner as far as spark, boost, and fuel. Any help would be gr8. Thanks!

·
Registered
503 Posts
not sure now. It is way better but after messing with it more, the boost seems to spike at 15 dropping to 12. I really don’t know what I should be doing with the tuner as far as spark, boost, and fuel. Any help would be gr8. Thanks!
If you are fairly stock-

Install the canned Diablo tune
Monitor knock and afr
Adjust fuel as needed to reach desired afr
Lots of knock on the canned tune is regularly caused by bad gas or high heat

In my opinion, spark advance should not be adjusted off the dyno. Boost on the stock turbo is fine with the canned tune unless youve dialed up your octane rating and have good logging.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’m on an e85 tune from the previous owner. It is titled e85 Reva 1025 cc. I know the 1025 is injector size. I am gonna have my mechanic check it over in a couple of weeks including boost leak Check. But until then I will continue to play with the tune And I am going back to the dyno this coming Wed. to see the results. I really don’t know much about this tuning stuff. I was able to lean it out and it is making more power based on wheel spin and “butt dyno”.
If you are fairly stock-

Install the canned Diablo tune
Monitor knock and afr
Adjust fuel as needed to reach desired afr
Lots of knock on the canned tune is regularly caused by bad gas or high heat

In my opinion, spark advance should not be adjusted off the dyno. Boost on the stock turbo is fine with the canned tune unless youve dialed up your octane rating and have good logging.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts