Dodge SRT Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Damn, the car is looking good! Are you getting the hang of wot shifting yet? At least 1-2 / 3-4? A lot of people have troubles wot shifting from 2-3. That's why I ask, plus you can gain anywhere from 2-3mph and 3-4tenths

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Damn, the car is looking good! Are you getting the hang of wot shifting yet? At least 1-2 / 3-4? A lot of people have troubles wot shifting from 2-3. That's why I ask, plus you can gain anywhere from 2-3mph and 3-4tenths
Thanks man. Making the shifts aren't a problem, car shifts like butter wot shifting at 7500. I was wot shift way back before the days of wot box's so now I'm spoiled haha. Learning where each gear wants to be shifted to get the best powerband out of each gear is what I'm testing out but after my 11.07 run I'm pretty sure I know where the car likes to be at the moment. Had it not been so hot and humid at the track it definitely would have been in the 10's, just have to wait for my next outing.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Just a little update, had it to Maple Grove about a month ago now but 2step/wot wasn't working. Couldn't figure it out while I was in the pits so I just tried to get a couple runs in. Was leaving off the line at 7500 rpm and was cutting low 1.7 60's but every time I'd try to shift I was getting locked out so I called it a night. Been so busy planning for a wedding I haven't had much time to mess with it. The other night finally got out to the garage and started tracing wires and also re-ran some vac lines better to my liking, going to be making the switch to high pressure nylon hose/push lock connectors soon with the new turbo setup. Also started a bit of surgery on the car to make room for the new manifold and turbo so ill post progress of that once I'm done.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
nice progress man, would love to see you in the pits at fall nats etown
As mush a wanted to be able to make it out there for fall nats this year, unfortunately I will be away on my honeymoon. I'm making a hard push to have the car finished and ready for the major events in the area for next year though.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Silly question. I see the red car hiding in one of the pics in your garage. You still have the red car? What did you end up doing with it?

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Silly question. I see the red car hiding in one of the pics in your garage. You still have the red car? What did you end up doing with it?
You mean this one?

It's parts that are salvageable have been slowly coming off and been going on this one.. Nice 2002 ACR I was able to get ahold of.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
oh sweet man. Glad it'll kinda live on.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #91 (Edited)
oh sweet man. Glad it'll kinda live on.
I would've loved to have saved the SRT but the chassis was so twisted from the impact it wasn't worth it to try and fix. The new shell is actually quite rare. It's an 02 ACR that my buddy had, not sure of actual production numbers but they were pretty low. The magnum motor that was in it let go of the timing belt when he was testing air restrictors on a dyno for circle track racing. He pulled the motor and was going to scrap the body so I grabbed it from him. I think it'll make a nice SRT/ACR clone once all the body panels and motor are swapped and I'll only have to pay base Neon insurance.

Got lucky and found a hood and bumper already flame red for only $300 total!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
Well haven't had any real new progress on the black car besides getting parts together to get it taking over to my fabricator to get some work done in the next week or so. So heres some stuff I picked up and then below is what I've been keeping busy with as far as my 2002 ACR SRT swap is going.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #93 (Edited)
Junk Yard Engine

Car progress front

Car progress back

Car interior front stripped

Car interior back stripped

Everything stripped from shell

Dogs got curious

Front shot

Engine bay prepped

Engine pay sprayed with truck liner black

Interior going together

Beginning of swapping from old motor to new

Blocks stripped

Crank in

Bedplate prepped

Block prepped

Strap kit installed

Pistons going in

Head studs in

Head on

Turbo installed

Dash from donor

Dash installed

Engine and trans ready to go in

Engine installed

Mounting intercooler

Badges

Bumper installed

We have power!

All Wrapped up besides misc wiring

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
Nice to see this build is going on still
it definitely got put on the back burner for a little. was hit going to work 2 months ago in my 2002 acr swap and got totaled and then a month later our baby girl was born. trying to get back on track with the black car and have it back up and making runs before the end of the season.

81 - 100 of 102 Posts