Dodge SRT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I agree with you on the runs 110%. Track prep at Maple Grove is very good as I went there last year to one of the events there.

Cecil is probably 40-50 minutes away and that's a pretty good track and track prep there as YB Nationals is there.

G.L.
I think I might go to Cecil before I try Maple, I'll let you know when I head down that way. Right now just going over the car and making some minor tweaks to the suspension. Also have to pick up some more 116, sucks this stuff cost $12.50/gallon but you have to pay to play.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Yeah not to much we can do about race gas. It's expensive but worth it or go for e85 if you have it locally would be the best bang for the buck..

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yeah not to much we can do about race gas. It's expensive but worth it or go for e85 if you have it locally would be the best bang for the buck..

Switching to e85 you need roughly 30% more injector and pump.

Then there's the issue with the lines not being e85 compatible.

Most of the older builds aren't setup for e85 unfortunately including mine:frown:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Switching to e85 you need roughly 30% more injector and pump.

Then there's the issue with the lines not being e85 compatible.

Most of the older builds aren't setup for e85 unfortunately including mine:frown:
Yeah I'm there with slowpoke, to make the transition to e85 at this point would be tough. Now come winter when I plan on going to a tubular exhaust manifold I could change out the injectors and line and get a re-tune all at once.

Slowpoke if you don't mind me asking, you said your 2-step is at 6600, whats your boost in 0 and 1st gear and also what kind of suspension set up do you have? What are your 60' foots?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Yeah I'm there with slowpoke, to make the transition to e85 at this point would be tough. Now come winter when I plan on going to a tubular exhaust manifold I could change out the injectors and line and get a re-tune all at once.

Slowpoke if you don't mind me asking, you said your 2-step is at 6600, whats your boost in 0 and 1st gear and also what kind of suspension set up do you have? What are your 60' foots?
Yea its at 6600, honestly the turbo and engine are new im not 100% sure of boost on 2step or even 1st gear as I haven't been out this year at all.

My suspension is pretty basic I have the acr sway bars, agp coilovers.
the last time out at mason Dixon they were horrible 2.0s and 2.1s I then realized something....my slicks were 7yrs old. diluxe has them now.

I have cut a 1.69 60' and ton of 1.7s but honestly once I made over 500 and then 600 I haven't cut a good 60' since, I would really like to run a wider rim out front, I plan on taking the car out for a spin Thursday I will hit the 2step and see if I do actually build boost, I run a ported S261 with a .82 hotside, I know I hit some boost in 1st but usually im on the street and short shift the car right away.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Just covering the basis on an alternate source of fuel. :thumbsup:

Looks like you need to work on the short track.

60ft needs to be High 1.6's and low 1.7's
1/8th needs to be low 7.0's-7.2's
1000ft low 9.x's..

Both 1/8th and 1/4 mile MPH is there though.

A lot of fooling around to do. Tire pressure, buttoning up the suspension, seat time etc.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #68 (Edited)
Just covering the basis on an alternate source of fuel. :thumbsup:

Looks like you need to work on the short track.

60ft needs to be High 1.6's and low 1.7's
1/8th needs to be low 7.0's-7.2's
1000ft low 9.x's..

Both 1/8th and 1/4 mile MPH is there though.

A lot of fooling around to do. Tire pressure, buttoning up the suspension, seat time etc.
Yeah that's what I'm seeing too comparing all my slips and then other peoples slips that I've looked over in the past with comparable times.

Right now when I'm running I put my tire pressure at 10psi for my first run on cold tires and then knock it down to 9psi after every run. I'm messing with some suspension things. I haven't switched to my BC coilovers yet because I'm waiting on BC to get me new valved shocks and high rate springs for the rears. I'm tempted to switch the springs currently on my AGP's in the mean time from the fronts to the backs and the backs to the fronts to see if it helps anything. Also still in need of a true drag alignment and also want to get the cars corner weights are. I found the last time the car was weighed before I got ahold of it it was 3028lbs with the driver in it, since then I've removed a considerable amount of weight.

I also want to start messing around with rpm x gear based boost but I need a good log to determine where to start setting the boost ramps compared to where I am shifting and where my rpms are landing in the next gear, at least for 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. Anyone else have any experience with this?

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Ahh man. I am going to Cecil tomorrow for another event. To many events on the same day.

Looking at the classes I would probably stick with FWD drive challenge.

Eliminations are very early in the afternoon. Most are around 3:00. I probably expect the event to get done earlier.

Do you have spare axles, parts etc? I might be able to swing by and help.

Good luck.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Ahh man. I am going to Cecil tomorrow for another event. To many events on the same day.

Looking at the classes I would probably stick with FWD drive challenge.

Eliminations are very early in the afternoon. Most are around 3:00. I probably expect the event to get done earlier.

Do you have spare axles, parts etc? I might be able to swing by and help.

Good luck.
I have a spare axle for each side, last ones so I'm gonna have to start stocking up haha. I also have 3-4 sets of plugs and some extra fluids each time I go out. Any other parts I don't really worry about at the moment.

Thanks for the support and feel free to definitely stop by if you can. Shawn will be running his Road Runner in the B2 bracket and I'm leaning towards the FWD Challenge and hoping there isn't something completely crazy that shows up and sweeps the event.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I doubt it will be the competitive in the FWD category, but who knows.

I don't see any rules for the FWD category. I know you would have to follow the NHRA rules etc, but you may be forced to run with the big boys due to you having slicks.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Congrats. What class did you end up running?

Is your car pulling a lot of timing up top?

Me personally, I would try to squeeze a few more et and mph up top.

Everything's else looks good.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Congrats. What class did you end up running?

Is your car pulling a lot of timing up top?

Me personally, I would try to squeeze a few more et and mph up top.

Everything's else looks good.
I did the FWD Challenge and you were correct, there wasn't any competition but it paid out $200 so I was happy with that. I wanted to log one of my runs but they basically hot lapped us after time trials to get that class out of the way and never got my computer set up to log it.

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
I am sure with better promotion of the event, might can see some more FWD competitors out there especially from the DSM crowd.

Glad they guaranteed the $$$. Usually you need a certain amount of cars for a full payout.

Either cooler weather, and or some minor tweaks you will be in the 10's.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts