Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember when stage 3 was coming out, there was some talk about doing a seperate fuel cell to hold race gas in.

i think this would work with the aeromotive external fuel system install if you ran it into a fuel cell in the trunk.

then you need to find a remote switching system to feed the race gas and not the pump gas. putting this as close to the fuel rail as possible would work the best.

any ideas as to how well this would work?

·
Registered
13,864 Posts
If you run a fuel cell, you will need to weld in a firewall between the passenger compartment and the trunk. I've seen some intrepid individuals put the cell in their spare tire well and build a box around it, but you risk not passing inspection. They also need a pressure cap that needs to vent outside the car.

Here's an image I found on a site:

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
SRTpusher said:
I remember when stage 3 was coming out, there was some talk about doing a seperate fuel cell to hold race gas in.

i think this would work with the aeromotive external fuel system install if you ran it into a fuel cell in the trunk.

then you need to find a remote switching system to feed the race gas and not the pump gas. putting this as close to the fuel rail as possible would work the best.

any ideas as to how well this would work?

Here are some ideas for you that may be helpful?
Not sure if you seen my fuel mod post before or not but I have a dual pump setup for other reasons.

You can do a dual tank setup like you wanted and have 2 feed lines to an aftermarket fuel rail something like the one in the pic.
Installed checkvalve in each line and an activation/toggle switch to each pump. You can hookup as a ground for your race gas/external pump and use a signal for your stock pump. You now can turn on/off the two pumps when ever you choose. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
jaymzx said:
Lol.

In that case, a milk jug full of 100 in the passenger seat and some rubber fuel line should work OK :)
LMAO yea and no pump is needed either. You can just carry the jug between your legs and squeeze when you want some race gas!

Those rules are there to keep idiots from hurting themselves and others. de de dee?

·
Registered
456 Posts
jaymzx said:
Lol.

In that case, a milk jug full of 100 in the passenger seat and some rubber fuel line should work OK :)
Funniest post ive read all night....I can see some of those budget modders doing this....

·
Registered
732 Posts
build a small cell for the engine compartment like stated by acr bill or find a nitrous enrichment cell that will fit and use that

·
Registered
732 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts