Dodge SRT Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
The tanks they are available now below 100$, add to that the lines, fittings and filters (don't forget filters before and after the external pump/s) you are looking at least $500+ and you already have the pumps. I designed and made my own surge tank, I couldn't see paying 500-600 for one back when. Now they are all over. eBay and Google will show you stuff, just search for "Fuel Surge Tank".
Mine had to feed in corners, so each pump picks up from the side and I had to have enough fuel in there to feed 800 plus HP.
Like they said starvation will KILL your engine. :)

PS: The overflow from the tank feeds back into the fuel tank and the return feeds back into the surge tank like the others.
I used one of these.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rci-2010a/

I had the top welded shut and a few more bungs welded on but it has worked great.

·
Premium Member
6,823 Posts
I used one of these.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rci-2010a/

I had the top welded shut and a few more bungs welded on but it has worked great.
Nice!! They didn't have all these options 16 years ago.........................:frown::crying2: The amount of money I have spent on so much custom stuff and parts probably could have bought 3 new SRT4s.:|:crying2:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yes I’m going to utilize the -6 fuel hose I have know for both the fuel and return line. I’ll eventually upgrade the feed line to -8. Keep in mind over 500hp is my goal for now. At this point I’ll be ok with a simple fuel set up that will get me there. Any suggestions or advice along with some how to’s would greatly be appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes I’m going to utilize the -6 fuel hose I have know for both the fuel and return line. I’ll eventually upgrade the feed line to -8. Keep in mind over 500hp is my goal for now. At this point I’ll be ok with a simple fuel set up that will get me there. Any suggestions or advice along with some how to’s would greatly be appreciated. Thanks guys
Dave Trojahn was a proponent of this series system, but I think he cooled off on it. I had trouble with 3 Walbro 255 pumps failing, maybe due to E85. BST didn't ask, Nigel just snatched out that system and used only a 450.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
have you considered a surge tank style setup?

this is essentially how mine is setup except i use the stock pump intank.

ignore the carburator and intake manifold statements... those dont apply.
Wouldn't you want to have the FPR installed BEFORE the injectors?
They way it's shown in the diagram indicates unregulated HIGH PRESSURE between the EFI FUEL PUMP and the FUEL RAIL + INJ.
?

·
Premium Member
3,503 Posts
Wouldn't you want to have the FPR installed BEFORE the injectors?
They way it's shown in the diagram indicates unregulated HIGH PRESSURE between the EFI FUEL PUMP and the FUEL RAIL + INJ.
?
It works perfectly fine both ways.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts