Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...so here is another thread about some DTEC issues. Please help with resolving this if you can. Also, here a couple of messages I wrote to 2K4SRT_4 along with his response. Also, does anyone know of a good place to get wideband sensors with the AFR guage? A lot of people I know said they have heard people can get them for as little as $250...the cheapest I have seen is like $350+. Thanks for everyones help on these issues.

1) Just wondering if you might be able to help with my DTEC. It's been wired a couple of times and seems to be working fine. I have the AGP stage 4 kit and with the stock computer and the car set to the base map per the instructions, it seems to be running really rich. I don't have any AFR readings yet, but at cruise (2000-2500 rpm) it jerks a little. Anything over half throttle, the car pulls like a champ with no sputtering or anything. Do you have any suggestions before I take it to someone to do the tuning for me? I would greatly appreciate any info you may be able to give me. Thanks.

2) do you have a fuel pressure regulator? maybe your fuel pressure might be too high. humm, check all you connections and make sure your setting are right. anything after that, i kinda don't know. if my first couple suggestion don't work. check with AGP. they probably heard about that problem before.

3) I have a couple of thoughts...if I run a pressure regulator on it and turn down the pressure, isn't that going to make my half-to-full throttle range lean? If it runs good now and I take away the pressure, then it won't get the right amount of fuel with the boost turned up...or will it? Just want to try and figure this out before I go to throwing parts and money all over the place. And I talked to AGP...the guy there said the car is going to run pretty rich because of the injector size (750cc). He said that he hasn't heard of any problems like I am having, but like I said...it runs perfect half throttle and above. I asked the AGP guy about 650cc injectors and he said they are too small if you want to run high boost...i told him they should consider making that an option as part of their kit for people only going to run 20 psi or less. But regardless, I have 750s and need to get it tuned.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I would say go get it tuned and see after that with no way to see you air fuel ratio you dont really know whats going on...

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
You could lower the fuel pressure. It will make the injectors flow less at top as well, however if your already cutting out fuel at the top end, you would just cut less out.

Thats where a rising rate fuel pressure regulator comes in (like Stage 3 uses). You run a lower fuel pressure at low throttle, but then as the boost increases the fuel pressure rises.

You also may be able to get someone to trade their 650cc for your 750cc injectors. I don't think you'll be able to fully get away from the richness problem...thats just part of the "AFC hack".

·
Registered
4,547 Posts
you have an agp stage 4 turob kit, a dtec, and probably numerous other fuel mods...and you don't have a wideband? sorry bud, but you're on your way to a big bada boom.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So please explain how this is a Dtec issue? Dont be so quick to blame something.

There are NUMEROUS threads about your problem :readclose
I'm not saying it is the DTEC. What I am saying is that it has something to do with the fuel. I've adjusted the maps on the DTEC numerous times and it doesn't get a whole lot better. It does change a little when the DTEC maps are changed, but I have been unable to get it tuned to where it's even somewhat enjoyable to cruise in.

As for the reply about the AFR stuff. The AFR guage/sensor is on order. I have to wait until it arrives to me. As for driving it, I'm out of town now...and at least its running really rich instead of really lean.

·
Registered
18,140 Posts
BGsrt4 said:
I'm not saying it is the DTEC. What I am saying is that it has something to do with the fuel. I've adjusted the maps on the DTEC numerous times and it doesn't get a whole lot better. It does change a little when the DTEC maps are changed, but I have been unable to get it tuned to where it's even somewhat enjoyable to cruise in.

As for the reply about the AFR stuff. The AFR guage/sensor is on order. I have to wait until it arrives to me. As for driving it, I'm out of town now...and at least its running really rich instead of really lean.
Whats the title of the thread?

Just read up on some threads. There is alot to read up on

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have read a lot of the other threads. I am going to take it to get tuned as soon as I get back into town. And I do understand that the title says "DTEC" but I realize that the DTEC isn't necessarily the problem. Thanks for your replies and info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts