Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I pulled code 1189 which according to the CEL list on the forums is TIP sensor circuit low. When I ran my DSP however, it said something completely different. "Pump slow" (code number stayed the same). Are these even related? Also, I tried several times to clear out the code with the DSP and see if it would help at all but even though the DSP would say "PCM Cleared Code erased" the CEL consistently stayed on.....Can anyone help me out?? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT- Seems the DSP somehow cleared the 1189 code but now I'm throwing 1190 which on the CEL list is Tip sensor circuit high, but on the DSP again it is completely different. The DSP says "Calibration resistor out of range"

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
Today I pulled code 1189 which according to the CEL list on the forums is TIP sensor circuit low. When I ran my DSP however, it said something completely different. "Pump slow" (code number stayed the same). Are these even related? Also, I tried several times to clear out the code with the DSP and see if it would help at all but even though the DSP would say "PCM Cleared Code erased" the CEL consistently stayed on.....Can anyone help me out?? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT- Seems the DSP somehow cleared the 1189 code but now I'm throwing 1190 which on the CEL list is Tip sensor circuit high, but on the DSP again it is completely different. The DSP says "Calibration resistor out of range"
You have a hard fault, or broken part. The code keeps coming back because you have a failed part on the car. Sounds like a solenoid that has shorted out or you have a bad tip sensor. Check connections at the PCM, and at the problem solenoid/sensor.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^thanks for the info, what do you mean "hard fault", and how would i go about testing the suspected parts? Any reason why the codes are different?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here is some more info i noticed, maybe it will help narrow down the problem. When the CEL 1189 popped up, I noticed the car stumbled while cruising then the CEL popped up (probably doesn't help lol). Also, my car just had the bumper repainted and when I popped the hood I notice they removed the solenoids from where I mounted them and they were actually dangling by the bottom of the uhp. I disconnected the battery and checked all the connections, everything seems to be fine. Something else I noticed is that the car has trouble starting but if i gve it a little throttle while it is cranking it turns over. Thanks!

·
Banned
32,448 Posts
^thanks for the info, what do you mean "hard fault", and how would i go about testing the suspected parts? Any reason why the codes are different?
Hard fault indicates a broken parts, not a failing part but something that is "broke".

here is some more info i noticed, maybe it will help narrow down the problem. When the CEL 1189 popped up, I noticed the car stumbled while cruising then the CEL popped up (probably doesn't help lol). Also, my car just had the bumper repainted and when I popped the hood I notice they removed the solenoids from where I mounted them and they were actually dangling by the bottom of the uhp. I disconnected the battery and checked all the connections, everything seems to be fine. Something else I noticed is that the car has trouble starting but if i gve it a little throttle while it is cranking it turns over. Thanks!
Can you do some datalogging for us. I am wondering if you have a TPS issue or if your connectors at the PCM have come loose. Please get this done for us and post the logs or send them to my email for me to look at, thanks.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Prob.log

here is the log. This was with code 1189, now that particular code is clear but I am getting 1190 now. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Can you do a quick log of the key on engine off? This would help diagnose. It is usually a TIP circuit issue with that code. Have you changed anything else since the last logs I got from you? Your BARO has changed.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Can you do a quick log of the key on engine off? This would help diagnose. It is usually a TIP circuit issue with that code. Have you changed anything else since the last logs I got from you? Your BARO has changed.
hey aaron, i was going to email you but I didn't know how tied up you were. I will get that log up in a few minutes. Since the last log I sent you absolutely nothing has changed.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
hey aaron, i was going to email you but I didn't know how tied up you were. I will get that log up in a few minutes. Since the last log I sent you absolutely nothing has changed.
Well that's very odd because your BARO looks more correct now then before. Just email me the log so I can keep up with you better. I can adjust your tune as needed so we can figure out what is going on with your car now. Something has changed without you knowing. I think maybe your TIP solenoid is on the down hill slide.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well that's very odd because your BARO looks more correct now then before. Just email me the log so I can keep up with you better. I can adjust your tune as needed so we can figure out what is going on with your car now. Something has changed without you knowing. I think maybe your TIP solenoid is on the down hill slide.
im uploading it now, i will send ya an email here in a few minutes. I am using the GM tip, could that be it? It is not old at all either, maybe a couple months.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
still can't figure out whats goin on unfortunately, anyone ever have this problem, it's getting to me

1 - 13 of 13 Posts