Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a road trip in my new SRT to disneyland etc, and driving along the I-5 on the way down I only see 1 black SRT-4 the whole trip. I honked etc... it was late, and this happened a couple of weeks ago (when my trip started) in oregon.

I went for another 2 weeks driving all over SoCal and San Jose, and not an SRT-4 to be seen.

On the drive back, I pass 2 SRT-4 along the 101 (I was northbound) one silver, one red - both within 30 minutes of each other, both heading south. I later see a silver one parked behind a home in a small coastal town on the east side of the 101.

I was amazed I didn't see more. BTW, to whoever was in that black one I saw a couple weeks ago (mid-august), srry about the swerve - I'd be driving for 14 hours straight and was surprized to see another SRT4 ;) .

·
Registered
658 Posts
lol so far i've seen 4 SRTs.. 2 of them in a parking lot with no one in it.. another one drove passed me while i was walking to my car.. and the last one was some guys down the street from my friend.. but it had a bunch of weird stickers on it so i didnt bother lol

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Atlas said:
On the drive back, I pass 2 SRT-4 along the 101 (I was northbound) one silver, one red - both within 30 minutes of each other, both heading south
when/where did you see the silver one??
I was on 101 going southbound in San Jose Saturday.....:hi:

·
Registered
679 Posts
I know the feeling, I was in LA in July and saw no SRT/4's. Saw lots of Ferrari's and Lambo's though...

·
Premium Member
6,610 Posts
I'm not surprised at all. On my road trip from Prince Rupert to Gonzales, La. and back, except for the car show and car meets, I did not see any other SRT-4's on the road at all other than at dealerships.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I drove 4,800 kms on a trip from Canada to Florida and back, spent some time in Tennessee as well, 14 day trip and did not see one SRT-4 the entire trip. Everyone talks about too many srt-4's being on the road but was shocked that I didnt see one.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
You know thats one of the things I like most about the SRT4.......... there just rarely seen on the road. I have only seen one other in 6 months of driving (no joke).

Mustangs on the other hand are EVERYWHERE you look firebirds/cameros too, heck vettes are common as well.

When I pull into a parking lot my car is ALWAYS the biggest attention getter by far :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Yeah I know how you feel. I drove from the Bay Area down to LA and back and I saw 5 Ferraris, 2 Cobras, 1 Lambo and tons of M3's, Porsches, and other sports cars. I saw 2 srts....over 1,000 miles and only 2 srts. Of course I saw 159 others when I was in Garden Grove for the UDM LOL

·
Registered
658 Posts
ENapa said:
Yeah I know how you feel. I drove from the Bay Area down to LA and back and I saw 5 Ferraris, 2 Cobras, 1 Lambo and tons of M3's, Porsches, and other sports cars. I saw 2 srts....over 1,000 miles and only 2 srts. Of course I saw 159 others when I was in Garden Grove for the UDM LOL
you wonder where everyone else drives :dunno:...

·
Registered
110 Posts
ever since i have came to this board i have been on the lookout for one in my area. i live in MN and i have only seen one once. driving home from my girlfriends house like a week ago on centerville road. it was a red one and i was so excited to see it. if this is any of you lemme know nice car too. but other then that one i havent seen any at all. but i do see alot of mustangs, there is even like 4 in my school parkinglot. maybe more.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Romans8:28 said:
You know thats one of the things I like most about the SRT4.......... there just rarely seen on the road. I have only seen one other in 6 months of driving (no joke).

Mustangs on the other hand are EVERYWHERE you look firebirds/cameros too, heck vettes are common as well.

When I pull into a parking lot my car is ALWAYS the biggest attention getter by far :thumbsup:
It may have been you that I saw when I was in NC 2 weeks ago. It was Friday night and I was going to Cataloochie in the Great Smokies Nat'l. Park. I was in a gold Suburban though cuz we were going camping and I was with some of my friends. Anyway, I see a blue one on the highway and I'm trying to get its attention but its too dark. We pull off to get gas and it does too, it turns left and we turn right and went to a gas station. Don't know if it was you or not but I was excited to see one. :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
quazy50 said:
ever since i have came to this board i have been on the lookout for one in my area. i live in MN and i have only seen one once. driving home from my girlfriends house like a week ago on centerville road. it was a red one and i was so excited to see it. if this is any of you lemme know nice car too. but other then that one i havent seen any at all. but i do see alot of mustangs, there is even like 4 in my school parkinglot. maybe more.
If you wanna meet SRT4 guys in MN come to mnsrt4.com , they and some other minnesota guys get together about once a month. I just found out about this site, it is great. There is a yellow SRT with a dyno in the front window that reads 480hp. DOn't ask me how but it does. Its all cool, the last meet was this last saturday, first one I attended and I loved it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
lrl1990 said:
If you wanna meet SRT4 guys in MN come to mnsrt4.com , they and some other minnesota guys get together about once a month. I just found out about this site, it is great. There is a yellow SRT with a dyno in the front window that reads 480hp. DOn't ask me how but it does. Its all cool, the last meet was this last saturday, first one I attended and I loved it.
aight sweet thanx ill be sure to check that out and when i get the srt when i graduate ill be sure to stop by sometimes.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Here on the east coast RI/MA I have sen more evos than I have SRT's

·
Registered
679 Posts
Saw 2 Vipers this past weekend on the Atlantic City Expressway. One Yellow and one Red.

·
Registered
9,151 Posts
Atlas said:
I did a road trip in my new SRT to disneyland etc, and driving along the I-5 on the way down I only see 1 black SRT-4 the whole trip. I honked etc... it was late, and this happened a couple of weeks ago (when my trip started) in oregon.

I went for another 2 weeks driving all over SoCal and San Jose, and not an SRT-4 to be seen.

On the drive back, I pass 2 SRT-4 along the 101 (I was northbound) one silver, one red - both within 30 minutes of each other, both heading south. I later see a silver one parked behind a home in a small coastal town on the east side of the 101.

I was amazed I didn't see more. BTW, to whoever was in that black one I saw a couple weeks ago (mid-august), srry about the swerve - I'd be driving for 14 hours straight and was surprized to see another SRT4 ;) .

sorry to say, but its your own fault...
why didnt you post up, i'll be in the area , in the cali section--- people would have met up with you...

then blame us for not driving around?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
petar7408 said:
sorry to say, but its your own fault...
why didnt you post up, i'll be in the area , in the cali section--- people would have met up with you...

then blame us for not driving around?
YEAH!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts