• SRT-4

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, the Neon has had an "image" to it that is quite contrary to the new SRT-4. Do you think DCX should stop calling the car a Neon SRT-4 and simply call it the "SRT-4"???

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
On the SRT-4, it is not called a "Neon" anywhere on the website. People and magazines have been adding Neon to the name and now everyone says "Neon SRT-4"

·
Registered
19 Posts
no "neon" name anywhere on this page only SX and SRT
http://www.daimlerchrysler.ca/CA/03/EN/DODGE/1,,CA-03-EN-DODGE,.html

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
SRT-4 in my book! Anyone want to purchase a Type R sticker, SRT-4 TYPE R. :D

I will rear end the first srt-4 I see with that on there car.

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
in canada they are supposedly dropping the neon name, and using just sxt and sx. dont know why though. here in the states they still will use the neon name. probably until the new platform, then whos knows what will happen.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exhaust Depot said:
SRT-4 in my book! Anyone want to purchase a Type R sticker, SRT-4 TYPE R. :D

I will rear end the first srt-4 I see with that on there car.
LMAO!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
You know, the Neon has had an "image" to it that is quite contrary to the new SRT-4. Do you think DCX should stop calling the car a Neon SRT-4 and simply call it the "SRT-4"???
The bad image you talk about, is because of the reliability issues. The SRT-4 is not out yet, maybe the SRT-4 will have a lot of problems too! I just hope that no, cause so far I'm buying it... but we never know!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually, what I was referring to as far as "image" is concerned is that the campaigns DCX used to support the Neon years ago positioned the Neon as a (dare I say) "cute" car.

The SRT is by no means a cute car...it's a contender in the sport compact category and worthy of respect. That's why in my opionion they should differentiate the SRT from the neon as much as possible.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hum that's a good point ;)

There is sooo much difference between a neon and the srt-4 when you think of it... so yeah, I guess not calling it a neon at all would be good!

What a shame to say to your friends: Hey I just good a fock!ng good sport car, a neon!! What an embarrasment... lol

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
If they really want to drop the Neon name, they should totally redesign the whole car and then do it. SRT....Neon.....whatever you care to call it, it still looks like a Neon. I personally think the SRT doesn't deserve the Neon nameplate, and Dodge should do everything possible to distinguish the two.

-Faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
i would agree with that. a complete redesign would have been preferable, but that would have probably raised the cost to about $23,000-$25,000.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
lifeisdeath
Dodge SRT Forum
The community to discuss high-performance Dodge vehicles from the SRT and PVO groups, SRT-4, SRT-6, SRT-8, and SRT-10. Come join the fun!
Full Forum Listing