Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone drifted their SRT-4 yet....or donuts...or anything of that sort. Post a vid or some pics...Or stories....I gotta hear about these babies!

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
You cant really do donuts being that its a fWD. Also its not easy to get a nice drift also becaue on a drift, you control it by adding or removing throttle to the rear wheels. :)

If you look at all of those japanese videos where they drift, they are all RWD cars.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh i can prove you wrong....i have some fun w/ my parents mini-van....backwards donuts...soo fun in the winter in open parking lots. Give it a try....And it is possible.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
well since when do newer minis come with 5 speed and gobs of power to them front wheels?

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
if you've never driven in snow it doesnt take any power to make it happen, and i'll agree with the other guy FWD cars backwards donuts rule!

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
acr2nv said:
well since when do newer minis come with 5 speed and gobs of power to them front wheels?

No...My moms minivan has the 3.3l in it...dodge caravan. This is automatic but it still shells out enough power to the front wheels to do some nasty donuts on wet or icy/snow covered lots. Pretty fun.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
LOL. I was thinking of going foward not backwards. Try doing that here in FL, we hav eno snow. We have plenty of mud though. Well then again, we get alot of rain in the spring so I guess you can do it then.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha...no harm in trying...if you dont screw up the car.

·
Banned
27,026 Posts
Exhaust Depot maybe if you can TRY to make it to an FL meet i can show the art of "A-SS draggin"....lmao

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Ahhh but you can do FWD donuts. It snowed this weekend and I took my Legacy out :lol: Just lock up the parking brake and you're good to go.

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
what year is your legacy?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ooo...my friend just got a legacy gt....they are awesome cars...i love them. Soo pimp.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You're not really drifting in a FWD car, more like fish-tailing.

You really need a light, powerful, RWD car to enjoy drifting and do it correctly.

Also, I'm rather tired of drifting already. Too many people watching Initial D lately.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
lifeisdeath said:

1993, I'm working on getting a turbo model though, they can be made into some beasts! :twisted:

-faast

·
Premium Member
5,578 Posts
Slow5OH said:
lifeisdeath said:

1993, I'm working on getting a turbo model though, they can be made into some beasts! :twisted:

-faast
when did subaru start making all the models AWD?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
lifeisdeath said:
Slow5OH said:
lifeisdeath said:

-faast
when did subaru start making all the models AWD?
I think it was 1995 but don't quote me on that. Mine is obviously a FWD. AWD and before that 4WD were options before 1995 or so.

-faast

·
Registered
864 Posts
Slow5OH said:
I think it was 1995 but don't quote me on that. Mine is obviously a FWD. AWD and before that 4WD were options before 1995 or so.

-faast
1997 actually.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts