Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 black SRT-4. I am wanting to do some engine bay dress-up and exterior mods. I think I want to use blue as the accent color. Anyone have any suggestions on what would look good? I have black eyelids, yellow fogs, blue lettering on the hood scoop insert, and a blue CAI.

·
Super Moderator, SRT of the Month
34,749 Posts
blue valve cover & black intake mani would look good IMO .... maybe paint the calipers blue

got rims? maybe a set of blue tuner lugs would look good?

post some pics & we'll get some better ideas

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uncommon said:
blue valve cover & black intake mani would look good IMO .... maybe paint the calipers blue

That was fast. Do you in fact, live on the forums? I will get some pics up tonight when I get home. I was thinking of doing the valve cover wrinkle black with blue letters, but wasn't sure how hard that would be. And a black intake, that shouldn't be too hard to do.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
VanillaXtract said:
uncommon said:

That was fast. Do you in fact, live on the forums?
Yes...he's like Batman.

·
Registered
842 Posts
VanillaXtract said:
uncommon said:

That was fast. Do you in fact, live on the forums? I will get some pics up tonight when I get home. I was thinking of doing the valve cover wrinkle black with blue letters, but wasn't sure how hard that would be. And a black intake, that shouldn't be too hard to do.
PM Mike or Greg at Bwoody, they will powdercoat ANYTHING. Check their vendor section. They also have every color under the rainbow.

·
Registered
842 Posts
YeahItsAHemi345 said:
Doesn't powder coating hold heat?

Not that I am aware of, everything under my hood is powdercoated and I dont have any problems.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Careful with CF dude...it looks great, but with black it looks pretty grey. And looks out of place. I know what you mean with the blue though, thats what im aiming for under the hood. For you outside the hood, you should totally black out the car. Tinted tail lights(or the black LED's..i might get those.), and tinted windows. Clear corners, definately. Look into getting some black bezzled headlights. or the new halo's if you feel like paying alot.

Heres what ive got so far. the tail lights are different now.

·
Registered
655 Posts
SNOOPALOOP said:
That injector cover looks like crap

Yea...it wasnt the right blue i was looking for. Im just gonna get a carbon fiber one later on.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
dvoratexn said:
Yea...it wasnt the right blue i was looking for. Im just gonna get a carbon fiber one later on.
Ok, I need to get pics up. I got 6% tint already. What vendors have clear corners? I have been looking at the eBay black headlights. What is the best route to black out the tails? I have heard nightshades, but how many coats. Also, rockblocker makes that film. Which route would be the best way to go?

Also, what is going on with your coil heat shield? It looks like you started painting it, then got ADD and just put it on the car without finishing.

·
34,749 Posts
VanillaXtract said:
dvoratexn said:
Ok, I need to get pics up. I got 6% tint already. What vendors have clear corners? I have been looking at the eBay black headlights. What is the best route to black out the tails? I have heard nightshades, but how many coats. Also, rockblocker makes that film. Which route would be the best way to go?

modern sells clear corners ... and theirs by far look the best IMO

blacking out stock tails .... best bet is to nightshade them, it's not hard at all ... that rockblocker SHIT peels off, melts and just outright looks like SHIT over time

buy some black LED tails instead of blacking them out .... LED tails on black look the best IMO

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
uncommon said:
VanillaXtract said:
dvoratexn said:

blacking out stock tails .... best bet is to nightshade them, it's not hard at all ... that rockblocker SHIT peels off, melts and just outright looks like SHIT over time

buy some black LED tails instead of blacking them out .... LED tails on black look the best IMO
Okay, I trust you. Maybe I shouldn't, but I do. And by God, I am going to go with that feeling and buy that junk.

·
34,749 Posts
VanillaXtract said:
uncommon said:
VanillaXtract said:
dvoratexn said:

Okay, I trust you. Maybe I shouldn't, but I do. And by God, I am going to go with that feeling and buy that junk.

well you be the judge:

1badsrt-4's car:

·
34,749 Posts
VanillaXtract said:
Okay Okay, I like it. But it seems is pipes stick out a little far
eh, they look just fine in person... here's a couple more pics of tim's car with the LED tails:

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That is "tight." Can I say that? I heard that somewhere.

I want to get rid of the wing, but I am not too wild about the plugs. Maybe I can swap with a regular neon with no wing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts