Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Very nice. I plan on doing this soon, except with a very small battery. Just because I have to be able to haul groceries and shit or I'll never have an excuse for us to take my car. lol

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold), SRTotM Moderator
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Registered
925 Posts
Question on the kill switch, Did you run The neg from battery-switch- body ground, Or power-switch-battery?

·
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Question on the kill switch, Did you run The neg from battery-switch- body ground, Or power-switch-battery?
I have it set up on the ground so neg from battery- swtich then ground. that way there a fusible link on the pos and a built in relay of the switch on ground..

·
Registered
211 Posts
i did this same thing on my old 1st gen but i ran the wire inside the car rather than under the car. its much safer to do it that way, less likely to get damaged if you bottom out and someone looking to break into your car cant just go under the car and kill off the power buy cutting the main line to the battery. i also recommend those considering this to use an optima battery in the trunk rather than a regular battery.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
It's amazing how much easier it is to do things when the motor is OUT of the car.... Do it, Now! :readclose
THIS!

Ill be doing this when i get home, Trans is tore out and is much easier to work around it. Gonna do very simular deal, Im gonna do my own braket, and a battery cover of some sort. Also wrapping the hotwire underneth with some kinda loom, Not sure what yet. Is there something that lowes or home depot carry that is tough and u can use it as a protective cover?

·
Premium Member (Lifetime), SRT of the Month, 2011
8,913 Posts
THIS!

Ill be doing this when i get home, Trans is tore out and is much easier to work around it. Gonna do very simular deal, Im gonna do my own braket, and a battery cover of some sort. Also wrapping the hotwire underneth with some kinda loom, Not sure what yet. Is there something that lowes or home depot carry that is tough and u can use it as a protective cover?
I used heater hose.. just find the size to match your battery cable. I sprayed it with WD40.

·
Registered
34 Posts
only bad thing about this is i didnt want to run it under the car because i didnt want to pass it by the turbo and i have a side exit exhaust so i didnt want to go near the exhaust pipe, so the route i went was i used the grommet behind the drive side strut tower and ran it under the carpet next to the driver side door under the back seat to the trunk, bout the safest way i could think of.

·
6,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
What did you do with the battery charge/temp sensor? I'm under the impression that 03 and 04s use this sensor to determine charging aspects...
tape it u nice and neat tio the wireing harness in that area so u dont see it.

·
SRTForums Member, 2011 Calendar Car
1,676 Posts
ok so i had to move my ground from where i put it cuz it got corroded. so I ran it all the way to the front and now I have power but all it does is click when i try to start it up. I have a volt gauage and its reading zero but all my electronics power up.......any thoughts?

41 - 57 of 57 Posts