Dodge SRT Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
smellmyface said:
front are 15/8 5 1/2 back space

skinneys r 15/3.5 5 1/2 back space..
How did you come up with those specs? Did you specifically order them like that or was that recommended to you by Weld? Have you mounted these wheels on the car with the slicks on?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
evo77 said:
How did you come up with those specs? Did you specifically order them like that or was that recommended to you by Weld? Have you mounted these wheels on the car with the slicks on?

yes thay r mounted.. nemo helped in makeing sure thay where going to fit.. also i think he had to use a spacer in the rear.. ill get pics up soon of the car.. for yall. also i run ipp's coilover and my slick r 26/8.5 mickey thomas. and rear r 24.5/3.5 mickey thomas.. weight of wheels r 6 lbs..
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
smellmyface said:
yes thay r mounted.. nemo helped in makeing sure thay where going to fit.. also i think he had to use a spacer in the rear.. ill get pics up soon of the car.. for yall. also i run ipp's coilover and my slick r 26/8.5 mickey thomas. and rear r 24.5/3.5 mickey thomas..
I think when you said 5" backspace for the rears, I think you might be off a tad since the rears are only 3.5" wide. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
evo77 said:
I think when you said 5" backspace for the rears, I think you might be off a tad since the rears are only 3.5" wide. ;)


sorry 2.5 back space ..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
mchat said:
You're still not getting what I'm saying.

No matter the width of the wheel (7, 8, 10, etc) The distance from the Wheel Mounting Surface to the Back Side of the wheel needs to remain the same for our cars. This does not change (unless you're trying to make the slicks stick out further than necessary). YES, the offset changes but the backspacing (distance from the Wheel Mounting Surface to the Back Side of the wheel) does not.

Hence, if you know the backspacing (which is what custom wheel manufactures like Bogart want) then you don't need to calculate the offset.

Nice run in the Video!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,014 Posts
Larrywoz said:
I have been looking for slicks and the wheels to go with for my 2005 ACR.
I am worried about the fitment with the struts hitting them. None of my friends have ACRs so I have not been able to get any good info.

Those bogarts that the above link leads to looks good and If I went with such a good looking wheel I might as well get the set(skinnys) for the back.

Can anyone help me out with some recomendations for a wheel/tire set set up for drag racing slicks?? :clap:
Did you read my post on rims and tires Im confused?

Hayabusa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
i just ordered 24.5x8.5x15 m&h slicks will i have any rubbing problems with tein ss coilovers?? and i have the k1's 15x7 with the right offset for now but i am looking into purchasing the bogart wheels front and rear will i be able to use these same slicks with them or will i have to order new slicks and i have 3.5x15" skinnys for the back just need to order my rims i just dont want to go all crazy and buy stuff and then have it not fit...

Btw if you dont mind me asking how much did it run you for the 4 bogart rims you are running im interested in purchasing those same ones and hopefully the same dimensions you have as long as it will fit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,080 Posts
evo77 said:
Yes. I forgot that they offer blanks of the Kosei K1 in numerous offsets. They'll drill any bolt pattern. This includes the special 15x8 size.

How do you go about ordering a set to the specs you want? Just call them and tell them you want the 8" rim with 32mm offset in the 5 x 100 bolt pattern? Do the custom orders cost more? Thanks.
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
COY said:
How do you go about ordering a set to the specs you want? Just call them and tell them you want the 8" rim with 32mm offset in the 5 x 100 bolt pattern? Do the custom orders cost more? Thanks.
Not sure exactly how it works but if you contact [email protected] or 877-522-8473 x362, tell him the size, offset, center bore and bolt pattern and they'll have it custom machined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,080 Posts
srt4thatazz said:
I was just told today by the rack that the K1 in the 5x100 15x8 32mm was discontinued. Double check.

Well crap. I will call in the morning and double check. I hope you ae wrong. I dont want steelies and dont want to spend the big bucks for other 8" wide rims.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
416 Posts
silvrgt said:
totally unrelated..but i've never seen that srt-4 in glen burnie. :dunno:

car is still in flordia.. you will soon enough.. :thumbsup:
 

·
Forum Moderator
Joined
·
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
bummer...did he say why?
 
41 - 60 of 87 Posts
Top