Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The criteria for what I was looking for was the following:

- 15x8 size
- 5x100 bolt pattern
- 35mm offset or a backspacing of a little under 6"
- as light as possible

There are plenty of 15x7's out there and as of now we don't know how a 15x9 (or wider) will fit so I went with the 15x8 size. The offset of 35mm works best IMO because it allows for plenty of clearance not only from the caliper but also from the strut or coilover body and it also keeps the tire aligned with the fender.

I contacted Weld Racing and they don't carry any drag wheels with 5x100 bolt patterns. Here are the following companies that I found that meet my criteria above:

Circle Racing Import Drag wheel

weight = 8.9 lbs
price = $295 each

Keizer 5 Spoke Forged Billet Drag wheel

weight = 10 lbs
price = $271 each

Bogart P1 Billet Series Drag wheels

*basically any style wheel under this series can be had in the criteria listed above*

weight = 8.5 lbs
price = $376

Kosei K1 Racing wheel

weight = 15 lbs
price = $199 each

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is what I've found so far. If anyone has seen other drag wheels that might have fittings please post them up!

·
Registered
356 Posts
drag wheels

not to steal the thread but does anyone know where to find the skinnies that match the star wheels?

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
as you pointed out to me Evo77 the motegi track lites at 220 dollars and 10lbs and alot of people run the kosei K-1s at I think 14.5lbs those are the most price firendly at 125 a peice

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
addictedtosin said:
as you pointed out to me Evo77 the motegi track lites at 220 dollars and 10lbs and alot of people run the kosei K-1s at I think 14.5lbs those are the most price firendly at 125 a peice
Right, but those are 15x7 wheels. These are wider at 15x8. ;)

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vector said:
I think weld pro 2's work but i dont know for usre thanks for the info man kick ass
Weld told me they don't have any 5x100 fitments in any of their sport compact drag wheels.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AndySRT said:
the bogart fly stars have matching skinnies available. I used to run those on my old neon. with 24x8.5 13 slicks they weighed 11lbs and require no tube.
Bogart told me that the Bogart Fly Stars won't fit on the SRT because of the caliper clearance. He recommended any wheel under the P1 Billet Series and said that some guy from Arizona with a SRT is running the Drag-on Star 3's.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Right now for the price and weight, that Circle Racing wheel has my name on it. ;)

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Super Steve said:
No, I have the Kosie K1 15x8x22mm offset and they fit fine with no spacers. With 15x26x8.5 they barely stick out past the wheel wells. I di have to roll the inner lips because they will rub the tire a bit under hard braking. No biggy, I took a ball-pean hammer and carefully rolled them up. My suspension is pretty low though.
Do you have any side profile pics of them on the car? A 8" wheel with a 35 offset is already right at the fender so I can't even imagine another 13mm further out. :eeeek:

Either way that offset is not ideal as its better that we find a correct fitting wheel without having to modify fenders. ;)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I have a contact at Bogart and worked with them to create a set of wheels for my car. The cheaper non-billet centered wheels are a no-go because of our brake caliper clearance. The same will be true for any other wheel manufacturer. Bottom line is no off-the-shelf 15x8 wheel will fit our cars.

IIRC, the Bogarts will run close to $400 ea for the front. For rears, the non-billet centered wheels are doable for close to $200 ea. They won't match the fronts perfectly (since the fronts will use a billet center, and the rears will not) but will be close. If you want an exact match, then the rears will need to be billet centered as well and that'll run you again close to $400 per wheel.

The nice thing is the wheels can be made in just about any wheel width you want in, IIRC, 0.25" increments.

Here's a picture of mine mounted w/ 8x26 Hoosier slicks:

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mchat said:
Don't get your hopes up. Judging by the design of the wheel, I'd bet they don't clear the brake calipers. :stab:
Its all in the backspacing/offset.

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mchat, when I talked to Bogart they mentioned you. What exact offset did you go with and how much clearance is left between the wheel and caliper?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I understand that

evo77 said:
Do you have any side profile pics of them on the car? A 8" wheel with a 35 offset is already right at the fender so I can't even imagine another 13mm further out. :eeeek:

Either way that offset is not ideal as its better that we find a correct fitting wheel without having to modify fenders. ;)

As I stated before, my tires rub because my suspension is so low. You can prevent this from happening (If you have coilovers) by raising the suspension a bit. It's really no big deal to roll the fenders. The metal is thin and bend very easily. The tire only sticks out about a 1/2 past the fender. I will take some snap photos later today.

The fit very well and will clear the stock strut lower perch. These are awesome and for the price they can't be beat

·
Forum Moderator
13,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Super Steve said:
As I stated before, my tires rub because my suspension is so low. You can prevent this from happening (If you have coilovers) by raising the suspension a bit. It's really no big deal to roll the fenders. The metal is thin and bend very easily. The tire only sticks out about a 1/2 past the fender. I will take some snap photos later today.

The fit very well and will clear the stock strut lower perch. These are awesome and for the price they can't be beat
Like I said Steve, I'd rather list wheels that are appropriately sized meaning no modifications. You may think its "no big deal" but I sure as heck don't want to be messing with fenders when I can find a wheel that fits right. :)

In any case, thanks for bringing up the K1 wheels because Tirerack can also do the 15x8 K1's in a 32mm offset which is a much better offset. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 87 Posts