Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at the 8.5x24.5-15 drag slicks and the 235/60-15 street and strip dot tires. I was all set on the 24.5 slicks but the more I think about it, the dot tires might make more sense. I only go to the strip about 6 times during the summer and fall since the closest one is a little over an hour away. There are also races at a local airport 20 min away which only allow dot tires. Will the street/strip tires do a good enough job at a real drag strip or am I going to be dissapointed.

By the way, I'll be putting down 350-400 hp. I don't know if the street/strip tires are adequate for this amount of power or not.

Any input is appriciated especially from you guys that have had both.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
I think if you go to the races at the airport often you should grab the cheaters. They will provide enough traction for your power. I just got mine the other day...ordered em on a wednesday at 4:50pm and had them at my door on thursday 11:00am. Can't argue with that! You should do just fine on the cheaters. I just got mine all mounted and balanced on wheels that match the ones I have on my car now for more of that sleeper look:) Make sure you have enough clearance for these, as they are somewhat tall so if you're lowered on stock struts you may have issues. With the 24.5s you won't have any issues at all.

·
Retired Member
11,452 Posts
LOL the only problem with DOT slicks is once they are on your car they are just so damn hard to take off... It's crack in the form of traction...

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got Vogland springs which give a 1.6 in drop all the way around. Anyone know if the dot slicks will clear for sure? John?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
^^^ Lol, john was sending me PMs at midnight the other night so....

But yeah a 1.6" drop shouldn't be too bad, you MIGHT need to run a spacer just to get them a little farther away from the spring perches, but you won't be able to tell for sure until you get the tires mounted up and whatnot.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I called today and left a message. I'll have to try again tomorrow on my lunch break to see if I can catch him.

I ran my friend's 24.5" slicks a few times last summer and they rubbed ever so slightly on the struts. It was almost impossible to tell except for some slight rub marks. They only had 8 or 10 psi in them too so I'm thinking the DOT's won't be a problem.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
DOTs are much bigger, they'll rub even more if you don't add spacers. Their cheaters are 235 60 15s which are some 25.8" tall and roughly the same width as the slicks so there's an extra 1.5" that you have to take into consideration.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hhhmmmm....ok I'll have to get a hold of John and see what he has to say. Sounds like I'll just be getting the 24.5" slicks though, I didn't take into consideration how tall they were and I'm not a real big fan of using spacers.

·
Banned
6,529 Posts
i had those 235-60-15 dot drag on stock struts and sportline springs with barely and rub issues at all

and no probs with traction here averaged a 1.8-1.9 60's

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i had those 235-60-15 dot drag on stock struts and sportline springs with barely and rub issues at all

and no probs with traction here averaged a 1.8-1.9 60's
I should be good then. My springs are 1.6" drop all around. Sportlines are a 2.0" drop up front correct?

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
I am guessing ur talking about the Flashlight Drags maybe at the Zelie Airport but I am not sure. I cant wait to pick my set up. Should be fun hooking 450+whp up on the street for once. No more spinning in 3rd:rofl:

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am guessing ur talking about the Flashlight Drags maybe at the Zelie Airport but I am not sure. I cant wait to pick my set up. Should be fun hooking 450+whp up on the street for once. No more spinning in 3rd:rofl:
Have you had a set of these on you're car already? I've seen your car at PRP before but I'm pretty sure you were on full slicks. I could be wrong though.

I've only gone to the Ebensburg events though since I am a couple hours away from Zelienople. That's why I'm really leaning towards the DOT's so I can just drive them out to the event, have fun then drive back home. I'm sure if I get these I'll want to come out to the Zelienople or Clarion airport a couple times this summer.

Oh well I'm going to do some more research to see what best fits my needs before I place my order this weekend.

Any more opinions on the DOT's guys?

·
Premium Member
5,120 Posts
Have you had a set of these on you're car already? I've seen your car at PRP before but I'm pretty sure you were on full slicks. I could be wrong though.

I've only gone to the Ebensburg events though since I am a couple hours away from Zelienople. That's why I'm really leaning towards the DOT's so I can just drive them out to the event, have fun then drive back home. I'm sure if I get these I'll want to come out to the Zelienople or Clarion airport a couple times this summer.

Oh well I'm going to do some more research to see what best fits my needs before I place my order this weekend.

Any more opinions on the DOT's guys?
I would go with the DOTs if ur more into the Flashlight Drags. I have the M&H Slicks which I use at PRP. I really want these cheaters for the street tho!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm gonna go with the DOT's. Between seeing what you guys have to say and talking to John on the phone yesterday I think I'll be happy with the results. We'll see for sure in the spring.:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,146 Posts
how much do these cost? I couldnt find them on the site? Say i wanted to run a set on motegi track lites, do they have a size that your cheater slicks would be able to fit on up front? Stage 1 springs up front.

Motegi - Traklite (Flat Black)

Sorry if this is a hijak, thread seemed done

1 - 20 of 25 Posts