Dodge SRT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my car home from work today, and the downpipe came apart right where the mesh piping starts. It just seperated from where it was connected (almost at the flange). I'm wondering what I can do about this, and hoping you might see this before I can get a hold of someone in person. My friends said not to drive it, so I guess I have to wait for a response before I do anything. If you would like pics I can jack up the car again and take some, just PM me. thanks for the time.

·
Registered
455 Posts
This is the second case of this in a week. Not good.

·
Registered
455 Posts
B&B's. Luckily, when I ordered my B&B exhaust the dp's were backordered and I went with Maxxfab's. The exhaust itself is really top notch, but now it seems the dp's MIGHT be having issues. Don't want to panic anyone yet, but these pipes just came in about 2 weeks ago, and I've read two people already that have had the dp's break at the flex joint.

Good news is that in the first instance, B&B handled the claim very professionally and was eager to make it right.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
KenCoop said:
I was driving my car home from work today, and the downpipe came apart right where the mesh piping starts. It just seperated from where it was connected (almost at the flange). I'm wondering what I can do about this, and hoping you might see this before I can get a hold of someone in person. My friends said not to drive it, so I guess I have to wait for a response before I do anything. If you would like pics I can jack up the car again and take some, just PM me. thanks for the time.

Please send me a pic of the down pipe and I will forward it on to B&B. THe other case has been taken car of and they will do the same for you.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VividRacing.com said:
Please send me a pic of the down pipe and I will forward it on to B&B. THe other case has been taken car of and they will do the same for you.
My internet at home is down at the moment, as soon as it gets back up I will send you the pictures.

·
Registered
5,564 Posts
There was another case of this by Traxman99. Do not buy B&B.

·
Supporting Vendor (Gold)
625 Posts
There have been two issues that I have seen and all have been resolved. They were from the very first production batch of which those were the only DPs that made it into the customers hands, the rest were fixed before they left the factory. There is no reason to make a rash judgment. Many B&B owners are very happy and are enjoying thier exhausts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts