Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just hooked up my needswings v5, and well, with the cut-out closed, it sounds awesome.. but with the cut-out open its like all sorts of rediculous. I pulled around the corner to my friends house with it open and he was like "jesus i thought it was like a fire truck". I read the other thread about running like this full time, and that no one had experienced any problems. My question is how you don't get pulled over with this thing open.. that or suffocate from exhaust gases.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
thats just the nature of the beast. As for getting pulled over, well that just depends on how lenient your local police are. Some are easy going and could care less and then theres some who are dicks and have nothing else to do so they'll pull you over.

·
Registered
11,093 Posts
I dont know how people can drive with that thing open all day long, it shows their age. :)

I would tell my custeomrs to close that thing before coming into my shop. And the turbo timers too, turn it off before coming into the shop, you did not race to teh shop so you dont need to cool yoru car down.

·
Registered
457 Posts
buy the power plate and turn it off whenever you want.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Exhaust Depot said:
I dont know how people can drive with that thing open all day long, it shows their age. :)

I would tell my custeomrs to close that thing before coming into my shop. And the turbo timers too, turn it off before coming into the shop, you did not race to teh shop so you dont need to cool yoru car down.
Knowing the "typical" SRT4 owners..specially the younger ones they prolly did race coming to your shop..HAHA..jk......Kinda.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I don't see how ppl can drive around w/ that thing open all the time. true, it does sound badass when it's open, but u can't hear shit around u cuz it's so fu**in loud! Mine only opens when I go to the track and when I get the car dyno'd, other than that it stays closed.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
It sounds like a tractor spooling when your going down the track

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
I like cruising in a higher gear while at low speeds then snapping the throttle,it makes a quick loud chainsaw like sound that scares the crap out of people lol
scares pedestrians downtown..yes,it does show my maturity level but at least it's fun! :lol:

·
Registered
15,908 Posts
$RT4 said:
I like cruising in a higher gear while at low speeds then snapping the throttle,it makes a quick loud chainsaw like sound that scares the crap out of people lol
scares pedestrians downtown..yes,it does show my maturity level but at least it's fun! :lol:
:rofl:

:thumbsup:

The whole time I was in Topeka last year for the SRT Nats I left mine open the whole time. The popo's didnt seem to care out there. It was nice but after I left I didnt open it for another 6 months lol I had my fill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts