Dodge SRT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put these on a few vehicles now and have just glanced at the srt-4...Has anyone done this yet (downpipe that eliminates the cat) Please let me know. How difficult is it what is all involved.
I ask because I am at college and dont really have access to the tools i normally have at home.
Thank you,
Scott

·
Registered
65 Posts
alpinezx2 said:
I have put these on a few vehicles now and have just glanced at the srt-4...Has anyone done this yet (downpipe that eliminates the cat) Please let me know. How difficult is it what is all involved.
I ask because I am at college and dont really have access to the tools i normally have at home.
Thank you,
Scott
Its easy,but if you dont have any tools to take out the "02 sensor" than your fu**ed. Where are you at in MN??? I could help if your near by?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
20 minutes to install a downpipe
4 bolts between the o2 housing and downpipe
1 bolt holding the catback on
and 1 o2 sensor to swap over

13mm for the 4 bolts, and if i remeber right 16mm for catback and 18mm for o2 sensor?

need a downpipe??

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
ndswngs said:
20 minutes to install a downpipe
4 bolts between the o2 housing and downpipe
1 bolt holding the catback on
and 1 o2 sensor to swap over

13mm for the 4 bolts, and if i remeber right 16mm for catback and 18mm for o2 sensor?
It's 15 mm for the cat back, 22 mm for the O2 sensor.

It's a 20 min-30 min job if the upper bolt on the O2 housing/DP joint doesn't bend the tab or break. Might want to pick up an extra bolt just in case the upper one breaks.

I'd say put aside an hour to do it. I reccomend a 18-24" extension to reach the top bolt from under the car. Also helps removing the other bolts too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.